1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide empty albums from media/albums

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Suggestions' started by imthebest, Apr 14, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

At media/albums you can see empty albums being listed as follows:

I think it looks bad to have those empty albums being listed... if they have no content and thus nothing of interest for people... why show it?

Mr Lucky, gldtn, gunnar and 13 others like this.
  2. gotski

gotski Member

I agree, with @Super120
    for example whether you can make option: the blank albums were visible only for the owner ?
    Thank you
    gldtn likes this.
  3. JimF

JimF Member

Agreed, just started to use gallery and users are loading blank albums.
  4. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

@JimF please like the first post of this thread if you want to support this suggestion.
    Bombardier likes this.
  5. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

Me 3 - it would be good if there was a way to hide the albums where none of the content or no content is visible to the viewer.
  6. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

I need this, the empty albums completely ruins the look of the image gallery..
  7. sworcester

sworcester New Member

While it might be a pain, just delete the empty albums.
    Our vb import created bout 60 and I just deleted them
  8. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

That is not really solving a problem.. Xenforo should have the option to automatically hide them! It should be fairly simple to make a option where empty albums are automatically private, regardless of users setting.
    I find this a strange thing to be missing from options.
  9. sworcester

sworcester New Member

A better question I guess is, why are there empty albums?
  10. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

It is a valid question, but that is not necessarily solvable as I can't visit my members house and upload images for them.. ;)
    The reasons are some members are not that technical and can't figure out how to upload, xenforo is not really that user friendly!(!!!) I battle this every day and make custom changes constantly to make sure what the members are looking for is placed right on the tip of their nose.. This is especially a issue with mobile phone users.
    Or they possibly get distracted and forget to come back to the album. Or there might be some technical problem with image sizes etc.

If you look at instagram there are a lot of users that sign up and end up only browsing other users and their profile remain empty. But they are still valuable as users of the community. But instagram would never show a empty space for an image and Xenforo should have the option to not show empty albums.

Empty albums really ruin the look of a good gallery.. It's like missing a front tooth.. It makes your smile less winning, even if you can chew really well with the teeth in the back of your mouth!

I hope this can be a priority, or I will have to get another add-on made..
  11. sworcester

sworcester New Member

OK, I get it now. It never occurred to me you could create a blank album. And now I proved it. Yep, gotta fix it
  12. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

Yes! :) Anther vote.. I think they count the likes on original post as votes.
  13. sworcester

sworcester New Member

They do and I likeded it
  14. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

Xen-Factory @XFA have made this for me, I couldn't see it in their listing yet so might be best to contact them.