XF 1.3 Hide certain thread from unregistered user

vkams

Can user or moderator specify that certain thread could be visible only to registered user? I mean that permission is set not for the whole subforum but for specific threads only and other threads are still visible. I'd like to hide the whole thread with all replies, not partly.

Yes, I know that one can create special subforum with such access rights, but I'd like to preserve thematic principle for threads and only restrict their visibility sometime.

Can user or moderator specify that certain thread could be visible only to registered user? I mean that permission is set not for the whole subforum but for specific threads only and other threads are still visible. I'd like to hide the whole thread with all replies, not partly.

Yes, I know that one can create special subforum with such access rights, but I'd like to preserve thematic principle for threads and only restrict their visibility sometime.

Don't know of an add on out there that does specifically what you want. Although you could use this add on: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vfcoders-hide-hack-v1.1618/ and use the 'Show to groups' option to show it only to the Registered group. Obviously then if they viewed the thread as a guest the content would be hidden.

I've tested add-on [HIDE]. Clicking "Reply" at the post with hidden part generates:
***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
One can also quote part of the post using addon QuoteMe!, it works as usual.

The expected behavior should look different: preserve [hide] bbcode with either whole or part of the message.
So [hide] is almost useless for my purpose.

I've tested add-on [HIDE]. Clicking "Reply" at the post with hidden part generates:
***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
One can also quote part of the post using addon QuoteMe!, it works as usual.

The expected behavior should look different: preserve [hide] bbcode with either whole or part of the message.
So [hide] is almost useless for my purpose.

You'll need to post in the add-on thread for support.

Top Bottom