[Herocraft Development ] Minecraft Server Status Block [Paid] [Deleted]

Thanks, it sucks having to log in to the admin CP to refresh it. :p
No! You shouldn't have to do that! I thought you meant automatically without having to refresh the page (via Ajax and JavaScript).

It will update automatically and it is set to 5 minutes at the moment via a cron job. Your problem might be because of the way cron jobs in XenForo aren't guaranteed to run exactly on the interval they're supposed to as they are triggered through Javascript by people visiting your website. This might not be your problem but if you're testing your website out by yourself you might not see it update immediately as you are the only one triggering the jobs.

That's a guess and might not be so though, so I'll ask you this question, what makes you believe that it's not updating by itself?

No! You shouldn't have to do that! I thought you meant automatically without having to refresh the page (via Ajax and JavaScript).

It will update automatically and it is set to 5 minutes at the moment via a cron job. Your problem might be because of the way cron jobs in XenForo aren't guaranteed to run exactly on the interval they're supposed to as they are triggered through Javascript by people visiting your website. This might not be your problem but if you're testing your website out by yourself you might not see it update immediately as you are the only one triggering the jobs.

That's a guess and might not be so though, so I'll ask you this question, what makes you believe that it's not updating by itself?

Many people have reported that it is not changing.

The last updated text says hours ago..

We have an average of 20+ forum members on at a time and it doesn't update.

Also, I am using the XenPorta block.

Many people have reported that it is not changing.

The last updated text says hours ago..

We have an average of 20+ forum members on at a time and it doesn't update.

Also, I am using the XenPorta block.
Hmm... in your AdminCP, under Tools->Cron Jobs. Can you see an entry called 'Minecraft Status Query' like in the screenshot below?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 7.59.14 pm.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 7.59.14 pm.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
Hey,
i would like to have a field where i can change the "avatar hoster" (minotar.net).

When will the new Version released ? ;)

Hey,
i would like to have a field where i can change the "avatar hoster" (minotar.net).

When will the new Version released ? ;)
I'd also love that feature! :D
@shadrxninga
Hi! Any idea on how to refresh the server status block every 5 minutes? It isn't refreshing itself with that interval, as you can see on the picture below :)
f32d.png

Here is how the cron task looks like:
APAAEj8.png

avgjRMZ.png

Any idea on how to make it refresh with the Interval I want? Thanks for the help! :D

@Nosxxx

He has said he is going to several times, last time being over a month ago. I wouldn't hold your breath on an update until we see it. :(

I'll have an update out tomorrow which will fix quite a few aesthetic problems! Including this one.

I did say that this update would be out tomorrow nearly a week ago... but some other work came up that I needed to get done first. I've fixed all the bugs that have been reported now so it will be released tomorrow (actually this time!) all I need to do now is package it up.

shadrxninga updated [Herocraft Development] Minecraft Server Status Block with a new update entry:

2.2.0-b2 Update

This release fixes all the the bugs reported in version 2.2.0-b1 and also includes some minor changes and additions.

Changes:
  • Fixed changes to red prefixes being applied globally.
  • Fixed Steve head showing when no players are online.
  • Replaced 'Online' with the player count. The green box suggests that the server is online, saying it is was kind of redundant.
  • Hovering over a player's avatar will now show their username in a tooltip.
  • Clicking on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'd also love that feature! :D
@shadrxninga
Hi! Any idea on how to refresh the server status block every 5 minutes? It isn't refreshing itself with that interval, as you can see on the picture below :)
Here is how the cron task looks like:

Any idea on how to make it refresh with the Interval I want? Thanks for the help! :D
Hey, sorry about the late reply. The Cron System in XenForo works a bit differently to how you'd probably expect. The jobs are not guaranteed to run every 5 min, that is the minimum interval between them. Whenever a user visits your site it triggers a script which checks if any cron jobs need to be run.

So, say if the servers have just been queried by a cron job and then no one visits your site for more than 5 minutes after that, then the job will not run until someone does. That is why you might see things like, last updated 30 minutes ago. You would be the first person to visit your website since 5 minutes after the cron job ran. Basically, people need to be actively using your website for cron jobs to run! This is good in some ways, as what is the point of querying your servers when no one is looking? But, this will fix itself in future updates when I add in updating via ajax!

Hehe, Lilypad is a proxy system like Bungee.

I prefer Lilypad for large servers, I run several large networks for YouTubers.

The only down-side to it is the API. Bungee's API is alot better, but if you want more players and better performance Lily is where it's at!

Hehe, Lilypad is a proxy system like Bungee.

I prefer Lilypad for large servers, I run several large networks for YouTubers.

The only down-side to it is the API. Bungee's API is alot better, but if you want more players and better performance Lily is where it's at!
Ah, I see. I've done a bit of searching and this is what I've found.
-Query may disappear soon.
The Server-Standalone-Query and Server-Query projects were mainly aimed at allowing people to use the popular Minequery and Minecraft Query UDP in their cloud environment, but these are basically obsolete.
http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/lilypad-for-minecraft-1-7-2-released.322/

Server-Standalone-Query is an oddball. It only isn't deprecated for the reason that some people who own voting websites are (for some reason) incapable of implementing the newer protocols, but otherwise it would've been discontinued by now.
http://www.lilypadmc.org/threads/documentation.475/#post-4198

So yes it does support this add-on. I can't confirm that though as I haven't tried it.

Also, I have implemented the newer protocol he's referring to that came in in 1.7 in my development build a while back but when that first came out you could only get a sample of players from the server. I'm not sure if that is still the case now, I'll look into it. Which means if he does deprecate the older querying methods this add-on will still work.

Top Bottom