[Herocraft Development ] Minecraft Server Status Block [Paid] [Deleted]

First off... Sorry for the lack of communication.

I didn't expect when I released this add-on a year ago to be as popular as it is. I've got a tonne of work to do for my upcoming exams and I really need to concentrate on them.

But... I know that's hardly an excuse as you have paid for a product and expect support, unfortunately I just can't give that support right now.

This add-on requires a lot more support than most add-ons because everyone has a different server set-up. What works on the servers I've tested may not necessarily work on others.

So what I propose is this... In a few months time all of the work which is stopping me from doing things that I love doing (Yes! I enjoy making add-ons) will be gone! I'm completely free for around 4 months. In these four months I'll get this add-on as stable as possible. I'll also add some of the features people have requested (such as display order and widget framework support)

I'll make sure I also reply to all the PMs and emails I've received to make sure you can get the add-on working.

@Cory_ Thanks heaps for offering to help people out!

I have a problem, can someone tell me how to fix this? Sorry if this error is already solved in other reports:

Using XenForo 1.2.1 and ServerStatusBlock 2.1.1

Code:
ErrorException: Uninitialized string offset: 0 - library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/Query.php:34
Generado por: Username, Hace 1 minuto

#0 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/Query.php(34): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Uninitialized s...', '/opt/lampp/htdo...', 34, Array)
#1 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/ControllerPublic/ServerStatus.php(141): HeroDev_ServerStatus_Query::query('server.worldcra...', 25569)
#2 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/ControllerPublic/ServerStatus.php(60): HeroDev_ServerStatus_ControllerPublic_ServerStatus::buildServerStatusArray('server.worldcra...', 25569, 0)
#3 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): HeroDev_ServerStatus_ControllerPublic_ServerStatus->actionQuery()
#4 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(52) "http://worldcraft.es/index.php?server-status/2/query"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["server-status/2/query"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/index.php"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Thanks for your time

I'm getting the same thing above as well. I get this on Spigot, Bukkit, and vanilla 1.6.4 and 1.7.2.

Running Apache 2.2.16, php 5.3.3, xenforo 1.2.2

I have a problem, can someone tell me how to fix this? Sorry if this error is already solved in other reports:

Using XenForo 1.2.1 and ServerStatusBlock 2.1.1

Code:
ErrorException: Uninitialized string offset: 0 - library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/Query.php:34
Generado por: Username, Hace 1 minuto

#0 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/Query.php(34): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Uninitialized s...', '/opt/lampp/htdo...', 34, Array)
#1 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/ControllerPublic/ServerStatus.php(141): HeroDev_ServerStatus_Query::query('server.worldcra...', 25569)
#2 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/ControllerPublic/ServerStatus.php(60): HeroDev_ServerStatus_ControllerPublic_ServerStatus::buildServerStatusArray('server.worldcra...', 25569, 0)
#3 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): HeroDev_ServerStatus_ControllerPublic_ServerStatus->actionQuery()
#4 /opt/lampp/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(52) "http://worldcraft.es/index.php?server-status/2/query"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["server-status/2/query"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/index.php"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Thanks for your time
I'm getting the same thing above as well. I get this on Spigot, Bukkit, and vanilla 1.6.4 and 1.7.2.

Running Apache 2.2.16, php 5.3.3, xenforo 1.2.2
Thanks for the reports! I'll be sure to look into this and hopefully get a fix out in about a month (after my exams - see above post).

Well, I no longer get errors, but it never queries my server. I've disabled iptables to make sure my firewall wasnt blocking outbound udp on that port. Ive also verified with another script that the server can be queried. Im gonna enable php_debug and hopefully track this down. I have a little php experiemce and will try to fix.

Update
Made a simple test to see whats in the tables, since blob data is unreadable via phpMyAdmin.

PHP:
mysql_connect($host, $username, $password) or die("Can not connect to database: ".mysql_error());

mysql_select_db($database) or die("Can not select the database: ".mysql_error());

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * from hd_serverstatus_servers WHERE server_id='5'") or die(mysql_error());
$row = mysql_fetch_array($query);
$content = $row['query_data'];
$name = $row['name'];
//header('Content-type: image/jpg');
     echo $content;
echo $name;

The database is updating with data from Cron! However, the script still reports the server as being offline. Search continues..

edit:
lol, figured out i could have just done index.php?server-status/5

Last edited:
Welp, all my problems are now resolved. My biggest problem was it showing servers as offline when they infact were not. I was able to verify connectivity using method of last post... When I uninstalled the block previously, it did NOT remove the template. The easiest way to resolve (for me) was to "revert template" and use the data from the XML that was used to install the block.

So, if you're having problems with it saying server offline, this is something to consider.

It works on 1.2 now, and also works on 1.7 servers. Using it on mine now as we speak. I had problems due to upgrading from a previous version. NOTE: Doesnt seem to work on feed the beast servers (at least mine) otherwise I get the error above.

It works on 1.2 now, and also works on 1.7 servers. Using it on mine now as we speak. I had problems due to upgrading from a previous version. NOTE: Doesnt seem to work on feed the beast servers (at least mine) otherwise I get the error above.

My friend is using this on his xf site, and it's not working with 1.7 servers. Hmm. I dont want to buy it if it's not working.

Again sorry for the late replies,

Its interesting to see that you had problems with upgrading, thanks for all the work you did to try and get it working. In the next update I'll revise the code for upgrading from older versions to make sure it does everything properly.

I'll also test and make sure it works smoothly with Xenforo 1.2, Minecraft 1.7 and popular mod packs like feed the beast.

My friend is using this on his xf site, and it's not working with 1.7 servers. Hmm. I dont want to buy it if it's not working.
The problem with this add on is that there are so many vairiables which could mean this add on could work on some servers and not others. Of course they can all be configured so it does work, but sometimes you don't have the permissions or skills to do so. so hold off for now if you want on buying this, I am really busy with my end of year examinations but I'm finished in a few weeks! As soon as they're done I'll do as much as I can to make the install of this as easy and smooth as it can be.

So to answer you question, yes this will be updated to work better with 1.7 and 1.2, at the moment it may work depending on your setup.

I've been running this addon without problems for months, then lately both our servers are always showing as offline. We haven't done any changes on our end. Xenforo error logs show:
Code:
ErrorException: fwrite(): send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted - library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/Query.php:23

XenForo 1.2.1
Server status 2.1

I've been running this addon without problems for months, then lately both our servers are always showing as offline. We haven't done any changes on our end. Xenforo error logs show:
Code:
ErrorException: fwrite(): send of 7 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted - library/HeroDev/ServerStatus/Query.php:23
It looks like your web host has recently blocked the use of the php function called 'fwrite' and possibly others to do with sockets (they're all needed to be able to get the status of your server). It's fairly common for most shared hosts to do this.

What I suggest you do is open up a support ticket with your web host tell them you've been using an add on for some forum software which queries your minecraft servers without any problems, but recently you've been getting an error saying that the use of fwrite is not permitted. (Include the error you gave me). Ask them if it is possible for them to allow the use of those functions again so you can get the add on working.

Most webhosts will be happy to, but if they say no then the only option is to look at finding a new webhost which will allow you to do so :(.

I had to write this kinda quickly so im hoping I didn't miss anything, if you need any clarification or anymore help then feel free to ask and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

It looks like your web host has recently blocked the use of the php function called 'fwrite' and possibly others to do with sockets (they're all needed to be able to get the status of your server). It's fairly common for most shared hosts to do this.

What I suggest you do is open up a support ticket with your web host tell them you've been using an add on for some forum software which queries your minecraft servers without any problems, but recently you've been getting an error saying that the use of fwrite is not permitted. (Include the error you gave me). Ask them if it is possible for them to allow the use of those functions again so you can get the add on working.

Most webhosts will be happy to, but if they say no then the only option is to look at finding a new webhost which will allow you to do so :(.

I had to write this kinda quickly so im hoping I didn't miss anything, if you need any clarification or anymore help then feel free to ask and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Seems our host changed some security settings, they're looking into it.

any word on an update?

Anyone have this working on bungee with 1.7.2 bukkit yet? if so, any tricks? If i set to normal minecraft query, i see users for a second and then they disappear.. It also shows null/null for the user count. If i set to Bungee, it shows server offline. I was getting the error other posted a couple pages back till i changed the query port.

any word on an update?

Anyone have this working on bungee with 1.7.2 bukkit yet? if so, any tricks? If i set to normal minecraft query, i see users for a second and then they disappear.. It also shows null/null for the user count. If i set to Bungee, it shows server offline. I was getting the error other posted a couple pages back till i changed the query port.
Sorry should have written an update here. I'm working on the update at the moment, it's working on 1.7.2 for me and I'll sure to get it working with Bungee too.

As for an eta, late this week to early next!

After I've got all the basics working I'll be working on another update, adding some things such as a status page and statistics :)

Sorry should have written an update here. I'm working on the update at the moment, it's working on 1.7.2 for me and I'll sure to get it working with Bungee too.

As for an eta, late this week to early next!

After I've got all the basics working I'll be working on another update, adding some things such as a status page and statistics :)

Perfect. Thanks a lot ;)

Has this been updated yet? or has anyone found a postable fix(not full zip, just step by step fix) so i can buy this and apply the fix. I would really like this.

Has this been updated yet? or has anyone found a postable fix(not full zip, just step by step fix) so i can buy this and apply the fix. I would really like this.
Hey Matthew, I'm working on the update right now. The reason this hasn't been updated for so long was because my college life got really busy towards the end of this year. That's all over now! There will be an update out soon!

@Everyone Else
I did say in a post that this update would be out this week but I've run into a few problems while developing it and I've also stumbled upon some new ideas which will improve how this add-on queries minecraft servers. I really want to make this update as stable as possible before release because of all the problems people have had in the past with this add-on. So I'm going to take as long I need too... but to make up for that I'll make a post describing what changes I've made in the update and post images up of the new functionality sometime soon! I'm also going to make some videos to help people install and configure this add-on as well once the update is out, so look out for those too.

It won't be too long though. I promise :).

Top Bottom