1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 help

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by remi35150, Feb 9, 2015.

1. remi35150

remi35150 New Member

hello,
    I ask because I support a flaw xss Stored and I do not know how to simply remove. the guy but recovered logs and
    Can you help me

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's not clear what the issue is, can you rephrase?

3. remi35150

remi35150 New Member

I have a Stored xss flaw on my forum, I made hacker but you know qu'ois login?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you are saying your server has been compromised, you will need to identify how they gained access and take steps to prevent it happening again.

You will then need to remove any relates files or malware.

The server logs can be inspected to see if there is any record of who accessed the server, etc.

5. remi35150

remi35150 New Member

I have a flaw xss Stored

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Without any knowledge of what the issue is specifically, where it is, etc, there isn't any way that we can really comment on what to do.

7. remi35150

remi35150 New Member

My forum to xss Stored fault and I would simply remove the but I do not know how

8. Dakota Storm

Dakota Storm Well-Known Member

There's a definite language issue here.

Maybe post in your native tongue and someone can translate?

9. remi35150

remi35150 New Member

I am French and I do not speak much English

10. Mike

But you haven't explained where the XSS is. We can't give you any sort of explanation without specifics of what you're trying to report.

11. remi35150

remi35150 New Member

I do not know where it is but recovered user cookies

12. Mike

What led you to believe there's a stored XSS then exactly?

If you don't know where it is, then it isn't really possible to fix. At best, you could remove everything and start again, but you may leave the same hole open next time, so that isn't very useful. (There aren't any known XSS issues in the current releases of XenForo and all of our official add-ons; as usual, I couldn't say whether there are issues in third party add-ons.)