XF 1.3 Help

TheTacobite

Hello I dont think this is the correct place to post this so if a staff member could move it that would be great! On the other had I have a Xenforo Licence and I installed then I started to configure it and I saw another Xenforo site that had this
b80xLVu.png
And how I could enable that Thanks!

Reactions: rdn
Wow, that's really helpful advice. :rolleyes:

@TheTacobite your question should probably have gone in one of these sections
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/styling-and-customization-questions.47/
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-questions-and-support.25/

Anyway, you can switch on these extra fields in the postbit in ACP > Appearance > Style Properties > Message Elements

It looked to me like the mini-stats on the forum list and the site Taco mentioned had customized the phrases.

I would have posted the style property group as you did otherwise.

It looked to me like the mini-stats on the forum list and the site Taco mentioned had customized the phrases.

I would have posted the style property group as you did otherwise.
Then you clarify things with the OP as to where that's from, especially when they are new, or at least stating both possibilities instead of making incorrect assumptions and responding with an unhelpful post.

Then you clarify things with the OP as to where that's from, especially when they are new, or at least stating both possibilities instead of making incorrect assumptions and responding with an unhelpful post.

This is true, and I admit I should have clarified, but at the same time, the best way to learn is by searching around yourself and such. People need to be given more credit than they receive. :)

But I digress. Don't want to get too off topic here. :)

This is true, and I admit I should have clarified, but at the same time, the best way to learn is by searching around yourself and such. People need to be given more credit than they receive. :)

But I digress. Don't want to get too off topic here. :)
Then you at least point them in the right direction even if you're not going to give them the full answer. You also judge who you provide full answers to and who you guide in the right direction. A new XenForo user like the OP is more likely to need and appreciate some full answers in their early days whereas a more seasoned user who is just being lazy needs 'encouragement' to find these things themselves whilst the answer is still helpful to them.

It's all about judgement on your responses and likes on posts, something that I think you need some work on... But yes, I digress and if you wish to take this further them PM me.

WVv6LnN.png
Thank you so much for your help guys! I was able to do this on my forum! (y)
Glad to be of help. :)

Top Bottom