1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 help!!!

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by crzy4prple, Jan 30, 2014.

1. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

I tried installing resource manager on an existing forum. of course it wanted to clear all my data. so I did a db back up.

now I can get my data back in. what am I doing wrong?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Installing the Resource Manager on an existing forum would not remove data.

Which data are you referring to specifically?

If you have restored from a backup then everything should be back to how it was before the attempted installation.

3. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

I tried to import the data via the phpmyadmin with mysql file

4. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

I have nothing in my forum now, required me to remove all the tables or it wouldn't install

5. Brogan

Can you please clearly state exactly what steps you have taken from the start.

Your posts don't make much sense at the moment.

6. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

I uploaded the files as the resource manager told me to do. I filed out the information. the next step it told me I had to remove the tables... then it install the forum over again. the data is gone, but I have restored it in a separate database from my back up sql file. but when I change the config file to point to the back up database I get an error. So all the users/threads/etc are gone.

7. Brogan

It sounds like you tried to reinstall the forum on top of an existing installation, which is why you were prompted.

You will need to restore from a backup and revert all of the files to their previous state, including your config.php and install-lock files.

8. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

how do I revert the files? and the install-lock files?

9. Brogan

From your backup.

10. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

I only backed up my db so I bascially have to start over with the files?

11. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

ok I fixed and I'm back to where were at the beginning of the process. How do I install it on an existing forum?

12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

13. crzy4prple

crzy4prple Member

thank you, that's not what I was doing!