XF 1.2 HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to bash..but,

I run a forum with 20 members and one with 1200, never have played with either without first testing on a test site, then a back up of the live site, then implement the change.

I know how fussy I am with with a site not working as intended, this owner hired you, then you bricked the site, then posted here for help, and the site is still bricked and you are nowhere, I would stay up all night if I was you, very unprofessional, your services offering should be revoked, JMO

Last edited:
Not too bash..but,

I run a forum with 20 members and one with 1200, never have played with either without first testing on a test site, then a back up of the live site, then implement the change.

I know how fussy I am with with a site not working as intended, this owner hired you, then you bricked the site, then posted here for help, and the site is still bricked and you are nowhere, I would stay up all night if I was you, very unprofessional, your services offering should be revoked, JMO

I think every admin would feel exactly the same way. I mean, I'd rather something go wrong or stuff by my fault on my own site, rather than having someone else do so.

Not too bash..but,

Give the poor kid a break. He's only 14.

Not saying he shouldn't fix it, but still.

@Matthew Hawley can you please send me a full refund via PayPal, i have sent you a private message around the time you was replying on here and i was ignored and you have now gone offline and left my site a total mess and someone else has now volunteered to put the problems right for me.

Thank you for all the messages from members about this issue.

Give the poor kid a break. He's only 14.

Not saying he shouldn't fix it, but still.

lol, well then till he gets a bit more experience, then no, his offering services should be revoked, this aint minecraft to some, lol,

To the owner of the site, many here are stand up and will help as is displayed in this thread, hope you get it fixed soon, sorry to hear you have had to go through this,

lol, well then till he gets a bit more experience, then no, his offering services should be revoked, this aint minecraft to some, lol,

To the owner of the site, many here are stand up and will help as is displayed in this thread, hope you get it fixed soon, sorry to hear you have had to go through this,

I agree. I just felt that was a little harsh, I guess. :)

Its nearly back to normal got a member of XenForo sorting it out now.
But what he was trying to do is, i asked him to make my categories and forums the same as this: http://*******.com/#brmsTab_0
So is this member doing that customization(I assume it is that 3 per row grid look of the nodes? ), or are they just restoring to what the style was before?

So is this member doing that customization(I assume it is that 3 per row grid look of the nodes? ), or are they just restoring to what the style was before?
Yes he was trying to carry out that customization so it looks the same as that site and he blamed "style properties" but since the member helping me he has found it has nothing to do with my "style properties"

The amount of messages i have had telling me to get a refund and to leave bad feedback is amazing never had so many messages in one night lol.
I have requested the refund on this thread and via private message so i await a message from PayPal informing me of the refund.

Yes he was trying to carry out that customization so it looks the same as that site and he blamed "style properties" but since the member helping me he has found it has nothing to do with my "style properties"

The amount of messages i have had telling me to get a refund and to leave bad feedback is amazing never had so many messages in one night lol.
I have requested the refund on this thread and via private message so i await a message from PayPal informing me of the refund.
Yeah I saw that, hopefully you two can square off with each other without anyone else fueling the fire.

What I was really asking you though is if the person straightening it out now is just repairing damage, or if they are going to also do the customizations you are looking for with the node layout?

Yeah I saw that, hopefully you two can square off with each other without anyone else fueling the fire.

What I was really asking you though is if the person straightening it out now is just repairing damage, or if they are going to also do the customizations you are looking for with the node layout?
Ohhh sorry, no he is just repairing the problems, i still need the custom work doing...

If you can't find someone to take on the job feel free to spam my inbox, I should be able to make it look 1:1 at full widths and adapt at the smaller responsive widths. I didn't look at the code from the example site posted but seeing that the example style is a fixed width I would have to assume that the layout was not built with responsive in mind, I could be wrong but it is regardless in this situation.

Feel free to shoot me a convo and give me some details and maybe we can work something out to our mutal satisfaction.

Last edited:
It wasn't the Style Properties, or anything in Extra.css

Last night, I simply created a new child style, and copied over all of his 45+ customized components to get his site back into action. At that point, it was more about getting the site back to running properly than it was to identify what @Matthew Hawley may have changed or edited that didn't take.

This morning, I wanted to see what the issue was, and took a better look.

I went to the newly created theme (one working properly), copied the node_list.css and pasted it into the one that was jacked up.

Hit save, back to normal.

I went to the newly created theme (one working properly), copied the node_list.css and pasted it into the one that was jacked up.
Hit save, back to normal.
And that re-emphasizes why (even with history) I will copy my initial into the text editor.
Question is... was there not a "View History" option there that he could have looked at? I know that on several of my .css templates that I have modified there is.

And that re-emphasizes why (even with history) I will copy my initial into the text editor.
Question is... was there not a "View History" option there that he could have looked at? I know that on several of my .css templates that I have modified there is.

No, there wasn't anything. I saw the option on many of the templates, but not on that one.

And I do the same as you, copy the "working" file into a text editor before I touch anything else (if working on any besides EXTRA.css)

I believe in the famous saying by Dirty Harry.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's why I haven't taken up several offers that have been presented to me.

ROFLMAO - I'm sending you an invoice for a new monitor *tries to clean coffee off monitor* :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom