XF 2.0 Help with the Help page

RSI

Hi, I'm getting the error below on the help page. Even with the Xenforo Default style and all of my add-ons disabled it's still there.

It displays help_page_title.test and help_page_desc.test. Not sure what's going on. What is that line suppose to say? With the default theme and all add-ons disabled the ACP say no templates are modified. Can someone give me an idea on where to look to fix the issue?

Untitled.webp

If I click on the help_page_title.test I get the error in the log below

Code:
Server error log

ErrorException: Template error: Template public:_help_page_test is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:582

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/me/p...', 582, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(582): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(537): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', '_help_page_test')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1247): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', '_help_page_test')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/View.php(58): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('_help_page_test', Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/View/Help/Page.php(11): XF\Mvc\View->renderTemplate('public:_help_pa...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/AbstractRenderer.php(77): XF\Pub\View\Help\Page->renderHtml()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(45): XF\Mvc\Renderer\AbstractRenderer->renderViewObject('XF:Help\\Page', 'public:help_pag...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Help\\Page', 'public:help_pag...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(11) "/help/test/"
  ["referrer"] => string(31) "https://mydomain.net/help/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This seems to refer to a help page named "test".

Obviously that's not one we ship with XF so I can only assume it's one you added, or added accidentally by another add-on or something.

It should appear under Admin CP > Communication > Help pages

Assuming it's not meant to be there, you should just be able to delete it.

That is weird, like you said I found it, but it wont let me delete, I can only disable it. I get the Oops! message below when I try to delete and it's still there with all of my add-ons disabled.

This item cannot be deleted as it is associated with an add-on or XenForo itself. If you do not wish to use this, please disable it instead.

??????????????????? :confused: I wonder if debug mode will let me delete it?

I notice in your list of help pages, you don't have a "Terms and rules" page. Any idea what has happened to that? Could you have renamed that help page at some point? I especially wonder whether you or anyone else has modified it in the database directly?

If you run this query:
SQL:
SELECT * FROM xf_help_page WHERE page_id = 'test'
What is the result?

Ah ha. I ran into this issue not long ago and didn't get to report it until I saw this. Turns out it's from the same Math addon using Chris query. The page is removed when you disable the addon. It will appear again once you enable that addon so it looks like the test page is not cleanly removed from his addon.
I will let him know and point to this post.

Here's what is funny. I just manually deleted it from from my DB then re enabled the add-on and it was fine. However, when I rebuilt the add-on it put it back again :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom