Help with styling and customization

CharlotteTS

Hello,

(Apologies if this isn't the right forum to request this but I don't need custom development, just help with setting up my forum.)

I'm hoping to find someone who can help me get my forum looking nice. I feel like it will take me weeks to figure out just the basic settings .

My budget is quite small but hopefully this will be a quick job for someone who is very familiar with XenForo.

Here's my forum - https://thrivespring.community.forum/forums/-/list

Thanks

Last edited:
Just an FYI - I had a terrible experience with @DohTheme
They even attempted to hold my money hostage for me not to leave a negative review here in the community.

What kinds of changes do you want to make? You may be able to learn enough by reading and asking here to do what you want, and if you learn how to do it yourself you will be able to fix or change whatever you want later.

@Goodfella you’re my worst experience here in xenForo, you want to pay less than 20% of the work because you don’t like it at last, I’m here in xenForo community since 2014 and I have more than 200 hundred happy customers (pre-made and custom). you took your money so go on your way and don’t mention me again.

@Goodfella you’re my worst experience here in xenForo, you want to pay less than 20% of the work because you don’t like it at last, I’m here in xenForo community since 2014 and I have more than 200 hundred happy customers (pre-made and custom). you took your money so go on your way and don’t mention me again.
Please don’t hijack the thread. I’ll go ahead and post a review with screenshots and proof of your shady practices.

You quoted a custom theme and what you delivers was complete junk. I mean you didn’t even change the footer colors/header colors. The basics were missing. You pretty much installed one of your prebuilt themes ($30-50) and changed the logo and told me it’s a custom theme. You tried to charge me hundreds of dollars for this. When I confronted you about the footer colors not matching any of the theme and the basics of a custom theme missing you even acknowledged all of this.
You then went on to hold my refund (which we both agreed upon) hostage saying “if you leave a negative review I will not give you a refund”.
All around your communication was terrible and what you tried to deliver was junk.

I’ll leave a review. A review I had written and sent over to @Chris D and @Brogan and I don’t think they ever addressed it with Doh.

This has happened with quite a few people that worked with @DohTheme

To the OP as someone mentioned above you may be able to make some of those changes yourself. It’s fairly easy and fun to work with XenForo.

Thanks very much for the replies and the offers to help. Actually M@rc very kindly gave me some instructions to change some of the settings and I was able to do that. But I still need to change the colour of the text at the top in the menu (the unselected tabs) where it says Forum/What's New/Media/Resources/Members, and the username and search buttons, and the text in the footer. At the moment it's pale blue on my green background, which doesn't look great. I'd like the text to be white. I've tried playing around with the colours but haven't found the correct settings for changing the colour of that text.

Actually I'm realising there are other changes I'd like to make. I've removed DOB (after M@rc explained how) but I'd like users to confirm at registration that they are over 18. Also:

Remove identities / social media fields

Change location to country, region (optional)

Thanks for any tips!

Last edited:
The header text color is set in the ACP style properties. Search for "Navigation row" and change the text color for both the "Navigation row" and "Navigation row - tab" sections.

You can add a custom user field to registration for age. In the ACP go to Users->Custom user fields. This is also where you can remove the social media fields. There is more information about using custom fields here on the forum (search for "custom user fields").

"Location" is a phrase -- search the ACP for "location" and then edit the phrase text to whatever you want.

I've tried adding an age field (I confirm I am over 18) for the registration page but it's not showing up. There should be a checkbox with the phrase "I confirm I am over the age of 18." but it's not there.

1658117138672.webp

You can change the footer link color (Contact us, etc) in the style properties Footer section. Change the text color in the Footer links.

Thanks.

Just to confirm, it is not possible to change the order of sticky threads, right?

Is it possible to lock a forum so that new threads cannot be created, but keep certain threads open for replies?

Sorry for all the questions, I think I'll be done soon!

Top Bottom