1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Help with node icons

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Matthew Hawley, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm asking this question... :p

So I'm trying to add font awesome to the node icons and im having trouble doing this.

For the code, all I see is this:
    Code:
    <span class="nodeIcon" title="{xen:if $forum.hasNew, '{xen:phrase unread_messages}', ''}"></span>
    I'm trying to put this as the node icon:
    Code:
    <i class="icon-comments icon-large"></i>
    Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  2. Matthew Hawley

Come on I really need this...

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

This code is from our framework, we have an option if users want to enable it:

Code:
            <xen:if is="@xenBase_node_fontAwesome_icon">
               <span class="nodeIcon" title="{xen:if '{$forum.hasNew} OR !{$visitor.user_id}', '{xen:phrase unread_messages}', ''}"></span>
                 <i class="@xenBase_fontAwesome_nodeIcon @xenBase_fontAwesome_iconSize"></i>
               </span>
             <xen:else />
               <span class="nodeIcon" title="{xen:if '{$forum.hasNew} OR !{$visitor.user_id}', '{xen:phrase unread_messages}', ''}"></span>
             </xen:if>

Then style properties controlling which fontawesome and which size.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Matthew Hawley

Umm...where do I put this in node_forum_level_2?

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Yes, but you wouldn't of course copy that word for word as it uses our framework style properties, more just to get you an idea.

I also have a resource in regards to creating simple style properties if you need reference.

7. Matthew Hawley

I replaced the node icon code with:
    Code:
                 <i class="icon-comments icon-3px"></i>
               </span>

And this came up

[​IMG]

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Try this in extra:

Code:
    .node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .linkNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .pageNodeInfo .nodeIcon
    {
       background: none;
    }

9. Matthew Hawley

Now I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/d7x9xzh.png

10. Matthew Hawley

I can't get this to work whatsoever....Can you just post the whole node_forum_level_2 template?

11. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Please? Manners usually go a long way, especially when you are asking people for assistance.

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

The template is right, it's actually just CSS past that, I can get it for you. Again our template was simply a reference, you can't paste the entire contents of my code as we use it in our framework.

I'm away right now and will post later.

Matthew Hawley likes this.
  13. Matthew Hawley