Help with Installing Styles

UltimaOX

So ive searched around, saw a thread about it but no solid info was given, read the help section, and i still dont think i understand installing a style properly.

So i have downloaded a style, it was zipped, so i unzip it. Inside was a folder with a STYLENAME.xml and a folder with the style name. unside the folder is a xenforo folder just like the default style has.

So i uploaded the styles folder to the Style directory on the serve VIA ftp, then i imported the style xml file that also was with the folder, but the style isnt working right. It changed some color, but nothing else, no images or anything.

I read in the other thread that you have to go through 1 y 1 and redirect all the image paths in the style to the folder with the new style.

This seems tedious and not the correct way to do this. So what do i need to do to import a style properly and efficently?

Hope i gave enough info so you know my issues

It sounds like the images were not uploaded correctly.

Can you post the URL to your forum so I can check the image locations?

well the directory i put the style in is the /styles/ folder on my ftp where the default style is and where xenforo is installed.

should it be in a diffrent location or do i needa do somethign special?

well the directory i put the style in is the /styles/ folder on my ftp where the default style is and where xenforo is installed.

should it be in a diffrent location or do i needa do somethign special?

I can only guess without first seeing the forum.

If the style comes with a folder called "styles" then that should correspond to the "styles" folder that already exists on the server. Anything inside of "styles" would be uploaded to "styles" on the server.

You probably uploaded the images to the wrong location.

I can only guess without first seeing the forum.

If the style comes with a folder called "styles" then that should correspond to the "styles" folder that already exists on the server. Anything inside of "styles" would be uploaded to "styles" on the server.

You probably uploaded the images to the wrong location.

hmm ok i think i understand what you mean.

There was a folder in the zip that the style folder and the xml were both in, ill try uploading that to the root and see what happens

ok i got it installed, it was just a stupid out of order thing. i dd something before i did somethign i needed to first.

thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

Top Bottom