XF 2.2 Help with homepage

neon tetra

My first time experience creating a forum site and I am learning on the way.

I have created a new forum and now trying to setup a homepage. Currently if I click on Home, it takes me to the forum tab.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 3.32.25 PM.webp

Here is my board option setup:
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 3.35.44 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 3.37.24 PM.webp

So what exactly I need to do in order to point the site to that home tab?

Secondly, what is the way to get rid of the /index.php in the URL?

I would like to have a home page featuring some widgets

Forums would be separately accessible through the forums tab on nav
Something you might find useful if you're need a 'plug & play' solution....

1. Create a page node.
2. Populate it with the widgets and content you want.
3. Set the Index page route to the page node.
4. Change the Home page URL to the page node.

Thanks a lot. I guess this has done the trick without the point no. 2

Something you might find useful if you're need a 'plug & play' solution....

Will try that but was just wondering, what is the alternate conventional way of adding widgets and content to the homepage then? (Apologies if this comes around as somewhat a noob query)

Will try that but was just wondering, what is the alternate conventional way of adding widgets and content to the homepage then? (Apologies if this comes around as somewhat a noob query)
Brogan's answer above is the manual method. Create a 'page' node, manually add in the widgets, and then set the node page as your home page. If you want the widget in the sidebar then it'd be <xf:widget key="widget_key" position="sidebar" />. To get the widget_key value you can either add a new widget, provide the key value, and then use it on your page or look at any of the existing widgets to view the key value.

Using something like the add-on linked above saves you from having to do the manual entries as the positions would show up in the 'add widgets' screen and there's a few other options that some are interested in (like turning on/off or changing some elements that can be set in the add-on options).

Brogan's answer above is the manual method. Create a 'page' node, manually add in the widgets, and then set the node page as your home page. If you want the widget in the sidebar then it'd be <xf:widget key="widget_key" position="sidebar" />. To get the widget_key value you can either add a new widget, provide the key value, and then use it on your page or look at any of the existing widgets to view the key value.

Using something like the add-on linked above saves you from having to do the manual entries as the positions would show up in the 'add widgets' screen and there's a few other options that some are interested in (like turning on/off or changing some elements that can be set in the add-on options).

Installed it and already loving it. Thanks for recommending this and saving many hours of my life!

Top Bottom