1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with creating a LEMP server for XF

Discussion in 'General PHP and MySQL Discussions' started by trichome, Mar 7, 2014.

1. trichome

trichome Member

I want to set up a LEMP server specifically for XenForo.

I'm using this guide as a starting point because it seems to cover the basics and installs the packages from repos that will be easy to keep updated. It includes the following:
    • PHP 5.5
    • Percona for mysql
    • Postfix (I'm planning on using exim instead)
    • Nginx
    While keeping things simple (and please try to explain in very simple terms) what would you change? I gather that APC should be there, how would this be added?. Should some of the other php options be changed?
  2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

3. trichome

trichome Member

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Is it only for CentOS though? I have experience with ubuntu server and plan on sticking with it for now.

@digitalpoint , @Jake Bunce , @Mike Edge
    I hope you don't mind the tag here, please feel free to ignore!
  4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

APC does't work with PHP 5.5, so use the supplied ZendOpcache with PHP 5.5, and if you want to store sessions, use Memcached for the back end.
  5. trichome

trichome Member

Thank you for pointing this out.
    Is this something that needs to be configured in detail? Google took me back to the same site. Configuring this type of thing is not something I have experience with.

The server is a single VPS with 1GB of ram.