Help upgraded to 1.1.2 killed my start/homepage but not other pages

justwordme

I just upgraded to 1.1.2. and I can no longer access my home page. Although I can access other pages with direct linking to the correct subdomain addresses. I've disabled every add-on (originally thinking it was a Xenporta issue) as well as changing changed my Style back to default. I've also re-uploaded every file and re-installed/rebuilt I also ran the File Health check. This is my third or fourth upgrade so I figure by now I cannot screw it up but something went wrong....fortunately (actually unfortunately) I haven't got hardly any users yet.

Ideas??? Help please........

You will have to provide some more details - it's impossible to diagnose a problem with virtually no information.

What does your start/home page composed of?
Is it a custom HTML page, part of an add-on?
What error do you get?
Anything in the ACP error log?
Do you have outdated templates? Have you reverted them and reapplied your customisations?
What is the link to your start/home page and forum?

Home/start page is/has been Xenporta However I turned off/disabled
I have no custom HTML
No error just a blank page (using chrome)
Oh wow there is an error there here is error: Library/zend/Db/statement/Mysquli.php:77
I do have some outdated templates not sure if there from a previous upgrade or new (I not know how to fixing this)
Link and error code sent as a PM

Thanks for any and all help

As you have disabled the portal add-on then that explains why your home page is no longer working.
You will need to reverse any changes made as part of the portal add-on - I don't use it so you will need to ask in the add-on thread.

You will need to revert any outdated templates and reapply any customisations - it's impossible to know what state your templates are in otherwise.

Run a file health check in the ACP and confirm all files are as expected. Reupload any which fail the check.

File Check has been run everything ok

I'm using a Style that has no template issues

I have enabled and disabled the Xenporta portal add-on no difference made...I've even enabled and unchecked all boxes for directory control etc

My thinking is with all add-ons disabled and using styles that have no template issues then things should work?...but don't

Well upgrading to 1.1.2 won't have affected your home page, so it is something else you have done.

Right now your domain root URL is just a blank page - there is nothing there.
If you want that to automatically redirect to your forum home page then you will need to do a redirect to /forum.

Uhm.....It worked before the upgrade....I think the domain root URL was changed as a setting of Xenporta long ago and worked just fine before upgrade. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix that as I've not modified or know where to learn how to modify that.

I think the domain root URL was changed as a setting of Xenporta long ago and worked just fine before upgrade. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix that as I've not modified or know where to learn how to modify that.
You will have to ask in the add-on thread.

I don't use that add-on so have no idea what changes are required.

I tracked my issue down. A blank index.html file got added to the forum's root folder at some point during the upgrade process. I do not know how this happened, but deleting this file fixed the problem. I hope this helps you justwordme.

Oh cool thanks. I just looked at the upgrade files it appears there are at least two blank index.html files that it has us upload. Why it has us uploading empty blank files I not know enough to know why? How do I fix this do I just delete or add some text?

Leave the index.html files in all directories except the root if you have one there. You should have an index.php in your forum root. The others are provided as security. That way if someone navigates to one of your other directories they see a blank page instead of the index of files and folders.

Top Bottom