Help to test my Contentteller CMS bridged xenForo install.

Utf-8 chinese username is defalut.
I signe up this name:
魯智深
posted a test post.
http://doctorwatson.info/xF_test/index.php?threads/i-am-weiyan-in-xf.947/

When click [Home], return below error.
The MySQL database of this Contentteller Content Management System installation has encountered the following problem:The MySQL database server has returned 1267: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' while executing SELECT count(userprivatemessage_id) FROM cont1esselbach_ct_usersprivatemessages WHERE userprivatemessage_new = '1' AND userprivatemessage_recipient = '魯智深' AND userprivatemessage_sent = '0'

Please try it in a few minutes again. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I sign up another user 'weiyan', click [Home], "Hello weiyan" appears in ct. It seems incompatible of utf-8 usrname.

My post in the forum with chinese uname, appears in ct home as '???'.
As the phillip said Chinese will be supported in this version, seems failed.

doctorwatson_info_contentteller_index_php__content_index_html.webp

TBH I haven't much of a clue when it comes to templates, I've just got to pop out to meet a mate for a couple of pints, but if you want to register on the test site HERE, when I get back I'll upgrade your account to admin and you can take a look for yourself and let us all know what you think on this thread.
smile.png
Just a quick note that XenForo admin accounts can't access the Contentteller admin backend. The admin backend is always using the Contentteller user database. This is an additional security measure in case the forum integration breaks.

My post in the forum with chinese uname, appears in ct home as '???'.
As the phillip said Chinese will be supported in this version, seems failed.

It should. I think I know what's the problem is though.

Look like this Contentteller installation was originally installed with iso-8891-1 charset and switched later over to utf-8. The problem is now that the tables are set to latin1_swedish_ci rather then utf8_general_ci.
I think I will add an additional option for the MySQL table collations in the next release.

Just a quick note that XenForo admin accounts can't access the Contentteller admin backend. The admin backend is always using the Contentteller user database. This is an additional security measure in case the forum integration breaks

Oh, that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the tip-off.
smile.png

I'll set-up -GR- up with a Ct admin account and PC them the details, if anyone else wants to have a look at the adminCP and template system on this test install just PC me.

I will have time today to help ya check it out Doc. I have a doctors appt at 9am est but will be free after that.

I will have time today to help ya check it out Doc. I have a doctors appt at 9am est but will be free after that.

I've just set-up an admin account for you in the Cf adminCP, but I can't seem to login using it - I assume it's because the main login page is now connected to the xF database, I am sure Philipp will be back soon with advice.

Philipp got back to me, all sorted, sent login details & adminCP link sent via PC - totally logical on reflection, you need to login via the adminCP link not the main page login, which is now connected with the Xf database.

Just from glancing through so far on the style and templates. There are a lot of templates, 942 of them to be exact. Which can be good or bad. It would give you control over any little aspect but it is also a lot of templates to edit as well.

On the style side of things, I think it is quite possible to have a nice design with just the styling options although I think there should be an option to be able to add background images and their properties rather then editing the additional style sheets.

Look like this Contentteller installation was originally installed with iso-8891-1 charset and switched later over to utf-8. The problem is now that the tables are set to latin1_swedish_ci rather then utf8_general_ci.
I think I will add an additional option for the MySQL table collations in the next release.
Should you also plan to enable chinese uname in ct?

I am doing my one question a day over on the Contentteller forum.

I've just replied to your latest question over there, I've just linked a random article to a random thread, so that comments/posts appear on both the Ct page and the xF thread - WOO HOO!
biggrin.png

If anyone wants a look the thread is here with a couple of screengrabs.

Philipp is actively respond to xf users' needs. Should you plan to embbed ct into xf?

Now that would be fantastic, I’ve no idea how easy that would be, but I would have thought xF customers could become an important market for Ct as, unlike vB or IP, currently xF doesn’t have an CMS option and nor is it likely too for some time, if ever.

I must say the more I play with Ct, the more I like it, it seems to be like what I had expected, but didn't get, from the vB CMS; I feel like a kid at Christmas. Oh, hang on a minute, I am.
biggrin.png

Just from glancing through so far on the style and templates. There are a lot of templates, 942 of them to be exact. Which can be good or bad. It would give you control over any little aspect but it is also a lot of templates to edit as well.

On the style side of things, I think it is quite possible to have a nice design with just the styling options although I think there should be an option to be able to add background images and their properties rather then editing the additional style sheets.

So, would you say it would be easier to style xF to Ct, than the other way around?

Although, it would be nice to have the xF header running across both to give access to things like alerts etc. on all pages.

Couple more screengrabs for anyone interested - first a forum thread linked to an article, where a post has been quoted.

In xF...

Cont7.webp

The same posts/comments displayed in Ct...

Cont6.webp

Secondly, just playing around with the powerful CMS article/page WYSIWYG editor enabled...

Here testing a layout using a frame, never used them before, adding both a border and background colour (also note I created a new 'Tweet us" block, which is displayed in the left-hand column...

Cont5.webp

Another test layout, just throwing in a few images to appear left and right, with text wrapped around...

Cont4.webp

I've really only been testing functions, and there's going to be some work required on styles and whatnots, but I've got to say I am impressed enough to grab a licence in the half-price Christmas sale that ends today, so in the New Year I can get on with building a new site powered by xF & Ct to replace my vB one and in time to launch before my traffic starts going up again come spring.

The integration with xF is great, IMO better than between the vB CMS & forum, the support from Philipp has been quick and excellent so far.

I like the fact that it is designed to work with xF and you'll not be relying on a third-party bridge/mod that can be broken with upgrades, O.K. there maybe some problems between xF & Ct after new releases, but I am sure these would be quickly ironed out as (a) it’s commercial software and one of the selling points is integration with xF and (b) xF is being used on the Ct site.

So, that’s another Christmas present to myself.

Here's mine. I've tried to add some sample content to show what its capable of. The theme is pretty basic since I only put about 30 minutes into it to make it look more like xenForo.
Articles, content pages, news. mailing list management, knowledgebase, toruble tickets, file management, glossary and links all working with some sample data. Its not by any means complete. This is just what I managed to get done in 6 hours.
http://www.power-systems.org

Top Bottom