Help Setting Up Xcache, Please?

mjda

So, I've got Xcache installed on my server and, most of the time, it works fine. However, intermittently I get the following error:

xcache_get(): XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason

Nothing is in my php error log, though, so I'm stuck trying to find the problem blind. I'm assuming it has something to do with my configuration, but was hoping someone else might be able to shine a little light on the subject too.

I'm on a VPS, with about 2,768Mb RAM guaranteed.

Here's are some of the settings from the Xcache portion of my php.ini file:

xcache.count="4"
xcache.size="256M"
xcache.slots="8K"

xcache.var_count="4"
xcache.var_size="32M"
xcache.var_slots="1K"

If any other info is necessary in helping determine potential causes of my issue, please let me know.

I should also note that before about 20 minutes ago xcache.count and xcache.var_count were both set to 1, xcache.var_size was set to 8M, and xcache.var_slots was set to 8K. Could those settings be what was causing my problem? If so, I'll just run with what I've got now, but if not I'd like to hear from some of you who have encountered this problem as to how you fixed it.

So in order to fix my problem, which I obviously know very little about, I should install something else that I don't know anything about? Seems logical.
I havn't offered a solution to your problem but a better alternative that if you weren't lazy enough, you could search it here on XF.

I havn't offered a solution to your problem but a better alternative that if you weren't lazy enough, you could search it here on XF.

If I wanted an alternative that's exactly what I would have asked for. Lazy and not interested are two completely different things.

If you're not going to help with the topic at hand, please, find another thread to troll.

Back to topic, I suggest you setup xcache admin panel for more control, like clear cache, disable cache, etc.

Back to topic, I suggest you setup xcache admin panel for more control, like clear cache, disable cache, etc.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Would that also show memory usage, or any errors I might be getting?

I should also let you know that since redoing my settings as stated above I haven't encountered any problems yet. That said, it ran for almost a week last time before things started to break.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Would that also show memory usage, or any errors I might be getting?

I should also let you know that since redoing my settings as stated above I haven't encountered any problems yet. That said, it ran for almost a week last time before things started to break.
Yes. It will show memory usage and any errors you had.

Once I cant login to xenforo admincp, after seeing xcache my session is full. If you/your user run problem like that, you can try to see how much your session cache available.

If you use xcache and then upgrade xenforo, you may disable xcache first from xcache admincp then upgrade. If you upgrade before disable it, you will had "time travel" 1-2 times. :D

Top Bottom