Help Section - Very nice!

I must admit, creating a BBCode to quick link is gonna have some downsides. Forum topics? You'd need a table with all the forum ids/titles, then match the BBCodes value to that table? yuk.

Not every content item (thread, post, help entry, picture, wiki item, forum, Xenforo Page, member .... etc) would have a QuickLink BBcode item.
Essentially only the ones which people link to the most.
Admins could determine that.
There would be an easily accessible list of the QuickLinks - for everyone to see.
http://xenforo.com/community/quicklinks ?
People could discuss the list ... suggest entries ... etc.

For those people trying to help others by linking to items .... it would save alot of time.

You could even have a QuickLinks lookup function.quicklinks.easy.to.resolve.or.search.webp

Lots of easy options.

This could be a variation of the native LINKing ... not necessarily BBcode.
BBcode would be a way of doing this if not natively supported by Xenforo.

I would suggest that people do want easy ways to link to already existing xenforo items.
(1) members
(2) popular threads
(3) popular forums
(4) help items
(5) Native Xenforo Pages.

I suspect based on the popularity of recent and past links ... you could easily autogenerate lists of what are the likely items people want to link to.

Forinstance, I knew exactly what I wanted but it took me 15 seconds to get the URL for Pages.

Time is money.

Not every content item (thread, post, help entry, picture, wiki item, forum, Xenforo Page, member .... etc) would have a QuickLink BBcode item.
Essentially only the ones which people link to the most.
Admins could determine that.
There would be an easily accessible list of the QuickLinks - for everyone to see.
http://xenforo.com/community/quicklinks ?
People could discuss the list ... suggest entries ... etc.

For those people trying to help others by linking to items .... it would save alot of time.

You could even have a QuickLinks lookup function.View attachment 14028

Lots of easy options.

This could be a variation of the native LINKing ... not necessarily BBcode.
BBcode would be a way of doing this if not natively supported by Xenforo.

I would suggest that people do want easy ways to link to already existing xenforo items.
(1) members
(2) popular threads
(3) popular forums
(4) help items
(5) Native Xenforo Pages.

I suspect based on the popularity of recent and past links ... you could easily autogenerate lists of what are the likely items people want to link to.

Forinstance, I knew exactly what I wanted but it took me 15 seconds to get the URL for Pages.

Time is money.
Pretty sure Brogan was politely suggesting to get back on topic with his last post, or thats what I took from it.

I find the manual here much easier to use in comparison to the others I've had to sift through. vBulletin was especially a pain at times, and caused more headaches than it should have.

I find the manual here much easier to use in comparison to the others I've had to sift through. vBulletin was especially a pain at times, and caused more headaches than it should have.

As a rough estimate, the vBulletin manual has perhaps 100 times more information ?
vB manual vs. xF manual is an apples to oranges comparison.

The only thing I liked about the vB manual was the user comments ... and since there was no login integration ... the number of user comments was quite low.

Attachments

• vbulletin.help.comments.by.users.webp
    vbulletin.help.comments.by.users.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom