Lack of interest help pages editor textarea needs wrapping

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dethfire

The help page editor textarea really needs wrapping. I need to put a return in every time I near the end of the textarea width. Also makes for pasting content in the textarea very frustrating. Furthermore it should be using the regular editor. I have some really long and formatted help pages and it's insanely annoying to create and edit.

Right now sticky threads for help pages is still much more convenient.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Generally speaking, when we have an HTML editor, we don't wrap the raw HTML. The pages editor and templates are like this.

Not fundamentally adverse to changing it, but just explaining some of the reasoning/how it's used elsewhere.

Thanks Mike! I'd be interested in hearing if/how others are using the help pages. As is now, I have to stick with threads. Or I suppose I could write in a text editor and copy and paste each for each edit. hmmm

Personally I never use the text area in the ACP for composing any HTML, whether that be templates, page nodes, help pages, or anything else.

I find something like Notepad++ far easier to use, not to mention you can save it and keep a local copy as a backup.

It would be nice if the help pages could use bbcode too. I have some long FAQ and tutorial threads that I want to use but they have a ton of bbcode. It's hard to quickly translate code/quote boxes to html.

It would be nice if the help pages could use bbcode too. I have some long FAQ and tutorial threads that I want to use but they have a ton of bbcode. It's hard to quickly translate code/quote boxes to html.

I agree. Why is it that the help pages require html, no rich text editor?

Top Bottom