Help needed: A company is threatening us to 'rank us down' on Google: what do to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I receive these all the time. It's a complete spam, probably from a competition of these websites. Not only my rank hasn't went down, it went up.

@Grover add XenMediaGallery and Better Blogs and you will have better album and blog features than on vbulletin. Better Blogs is not perfect, but still good. XMG is very good.

I am not, because unfortunately for a lot of vB 3.8 owners, Xenforo still does not offer User Albums and User Blogs. These are 2 essential functions on our vB 3.8 board and since XF does not offer them at all, we simply can not switch to Xenforo. Xenforo offers so much else for us wanting to switch as soon as possible, but we are stuck. Wouldn't it generate considerably more switchers friom vB to XF if Xenforo would offer these 2 functions? One of the keys of XF's success is it's emphasizes on the social aspect. User Albums play a big role in this area, you just have to look at Facebook. It's quite surprising that XF still does not offer this out of the box, like all the other major competitors in the forum world do.

I recently converted one of my sites from VB 3.8 to XF and my members love it
You can use Xen Media Gallery to import your VB albums. There also is a blog addon.

As this is about a vbulletin forum, I don't really understand why it's even allowed here. I thought this was for XF forum management, not all forum softwares management.

As this is about a vbulletin forum, I don't really understand why it's even allowed here. I thought this was for XF forum management, not all forum softwares management.

Well... the issue at hand is a general 'forum' issue that webmasters can come accross, no matter what package you are using. That's why I said earlier:

As explained above I am running vBulletin 3.8.8 (beta4) on this specific board. <...> Apart from that, the discussion above is still helpful in any case.

It is good to find out as well (for me as a novice technical person) thanks to this thread, that Xenforo apparently include 'no-follow' on all external links, whereas vB does not. Yet another reason for me to switch to XF as soon as possible.

Well... the issue at hand is a general 'forum' issue that webmasters can come accross, no matter what package you are using. That's why I said earlier:
Whilst that may be true, the forum description clearly states:
Use this forum to discuss issues that relate to running or managing a XenForo forum but do not specifically involve questions or problems relating to XenForo.

Whilst that may be true, the forum description clearly states:

Yes, I've read those before. Thank you for pointing it out. But, isn't it interesting to see that some feel the need to point out that my request for help is -apparently- not appropiate here and at the same time questions like these are posted: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/is-google-biased-for-adsense-users.80188/

With all due respect, but also that has nothing to do with specific Xenforo issues or using XF specifically? That discussion is interesting for people who run any package. So is my request for help.

Although it's always good to make rules as clear as possible, I am slightly surprised that this needs to come up in a discussion where one is simply asking for help in the situation I am in, regardless if I am running XF or not. I use one XF live board and the other is still on vB. And from my point of view the thread is valuable for also XF owners.

So, I would like to thank everyone for their helpful answers. I know now I don't have to worry and what steps to take or not. Much appreciated.

Regardless of what you think or would like to be the case, this forum is for management of XenForo forums only.

I have therefore moved the thread to off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom