XF 2.1 Help moving link further down forum post... (Screenshot to make sense!)

DaveL

Hi, I'm using this addon which hides a signature and displays a link. When clicked on the signature shows up in a pop up box.

The developer had a few issues trying to place this link at the bottom, so instead it shows up right under the last line typed.

sig.webp

Ideally I would like it just above the box where the likes show - as indicated by the black box. I've played around with the phrase by adding a few <br>'s, which does lower it down, but it's still hit and miss - like if someone has a very short post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

You'd likely need to edit the template and physically change where the code is injected or use CSS to position it.

In either case, as it's from an add-on, support can't really be provided for it generally as very few people would be familiar with it. You would have to contact the author for support.

Have you looked at this one?

I'm sure that if the developer were to post in the development discussions forum, he would get the help he needs from fellow developers. Then all users can benefit from it.

It should be the same thing as moving the signature down there. There might be a CSS solution but one quick way to achieve moving the signature down:

Template: post_macros
Find:
Code:
<xf:macro template="message_macros" name="signature" arg-user="{$post.User}" />

Move it right below the </div> found after it, above the
Code:
<footer class="message-footer">
line.

If that doesn't work then definitely need to seek out the dev's help :D

Template: post_macros
Find:
Code:
<xf:macro template="message_macros" name="signature" arg-user="{$post.User}" />

Move it right below the </div> found after it, above the
Code:
<footer class="message-footer">
line.

Just wanted to say thanks, was trying to figure this out. This really should be a core option, but I really appreciate the edit!

Top Bottom