Help me choose a tablet.

To point out that the quality of Android apps is generally not a good as iOS.
I do agree with this point (Hell my own Android apps are not as good as my iOS apps!). The Android SDK is a pain in the ass to work with, but has a nicer way of doing things than the iOS SDK (Objective-C is horrible).

You've got a lot more 'hand holding' with Apple's dev tools and it makes it slightly easier to create a functional app. Even as someone who had java experience I find Android's SDK a pain.

You've also got the monetary side of it. I'm not going to spend excessive amounts of time perfecting an Android app that I know will not make anywhere near the amount that the iOS app does - the difference can be huge. The gap between my iOS and Android earnings is near a 1000% (no thats not a type) difference.

Don't however get me wrong. I own a Nexus 7, iPad 3 and iPhone 5. The nexus 7 does hold its own for the most part, but the UX and speed of things is noticeably slower than the iOS devices. Stupidly a lot of it is NOT down to performance, but animation speeds that the Android UI uses.

Top Bottom