1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Help me build my forum.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by floptuf, Dec 27, 2015.

1. floptuf

floptuf Member

I just got my new forum, cryptofans.com

I'd like to make a header news slider first thing like this site: gamblingforums.com

Any help would be appreciated

Next thing is, when I go to my forum, this url comes up cryptofans.com/index.pho

Can I change this just cryptofans.com?

Sorry I'm a noob and actually not really good at any of this. And doing most of this on my mobile as I'm on the go all the time with work.

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Use a Notice, that's all that's being used here.

Switch on Friendly URLs

3. floptuf

floptuf Member

Thanks, I've tried the friendly url and some pages like logout and account cannot be found. Page goes black and says, this url cannot be found.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Check you have done everything on that page (including .htaccess). If you don't manage your server, you will need to check with your web host to see if they support friendly URLs.
    wang likes this.
  5. wang

wang Well-Known Member

There is a file that comes with Xenforo called htaccess. Can you rename it to .htaccess?

Another thing to check is to check if your host meets the criteria for the friendly urls. Please see this documentation.

6. floptuf

floptuf Member

Thanks. I have no clue what htaccess is but i will do some reading up.
  7. floptuf

floptuf Member

Wow, this worked. Thanks a lot!

My next step is permissions.

All permissions are still in default, should I leave it like so?

Permission advice for a new forum?
    wang likes this.
  8. wang

wang Well-Known Member

You should configure the permissions in accordance with what you want your groups to do in forums.
  9. floptuf

floptuf Member

Ok what about logo, having lots of trouble with this, how can I simply make a responsive logo?

Like this site: http://warioforums.com/index.php

I like how this site is setup. With the logo and skin.
  10. wang

wang Well-Known Member

You will have to design your logo and the style that you want to use for your forum. If you do not know how to do that, browse through the Styles section of the Resource Manager and see if you can find something that you like. There are some pretty nice looking styles there. If you will not find what you are looking for, then you can request one to be made for you at the Request section.
  11. floptuf

floptuf Member

Ok thanks a lot for the help.
    wang likes this.
  12. wang

wang Well-Known Member

You are welcome sir.
  13. floptuf

floptuf Member

If anyone is available to help me create a logo, my budget 25-30$

Responsive as a header logo for my forum

Some kind of Bitcoin symbol would be great
  14. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I think it would be much better if you posted your request at this forum.

It will receive more attention from the members that provide custom services.
  15. floptuf

floptuf Member

Thanks. I've requested in the correct place.
    wang likes this.