Seemed easy enough, and it was! What's NOT easy is moving this forum from my computer to the server...I'm about to throw my computer through a wall or something here!
Here is what I have done, copied the contents of the "community" directory into the server root after changing board URL in admin cp.
I changed permissions to allow everyone to write to "data" and "internal_data".
I'm hosted on Godaddy. On there I enabled the PHP thing, and created a mysql database.
Now when I visit my site I see this message:
"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
And if I go to the site /install I get this wall of errors:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
- Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
- Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 553
- call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 780
- XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 810
- XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1099
- XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Session.php at line 166
- XenForo_Session->__construct() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 43
- XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
- XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
- XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
- XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/45/9043745/html/install/index.php at line 18
Should I just scrap this Xampp build and start with a fresh install on the server and build everything on site there?