XF 2.1 Help Installing an Add On

When you install Xenforo, several standard directories are created, one of which is the src directory.

If Xenforo is installed in the root of your domain, then it would be at {yourdomain.com}/src/config.php

If Xenforo is installed in a subdirectory, then it would be at {yourdomain.com}/{your forum directory}/src/config.php

However, installing from archive may not work on every server configuration.

You can also
  1. extract all of the files in the addon zip file to uour local drive
  2. find the directory named upload and open that
  3. upload all of the files and any directories under the upload directory to your forum (root or subdirectory) using either FTP or cPanel File Manager
  4. then go to AdminCP >> Addons and at the top of the page above Installed Addons you will see the addon you just uploaded: click on the install button to install it and then check for any options or permissions that need to be set for the addon
For your other two questions (second post), you're probably better off to start a new second thread and explain more what it is you are trying to do.

I've been trying this for hours now and just can't get anywhere.

I've downloaded the 'Change author' add-on and unzipped it.
I then go to the CP > add-ons but can go no further.

I click on browse and it opens the download folder where the add-on was downloaded but no matter what I do, I can't get anything into
the Browse box.

I've uploaded it to different places via FTP but nothing shows or happens.

I hate being old, life is so difficult, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

addonbox.jpg

Ok, I done that and it showed and I uploaded it, it now shows in the add-ons

instadd.jpg

but nothing is showing under a post, is there another step to take ?

I have added the $config['enableAddOnArchiveInstaller'] = true; to the src/config.php file

Thanks ozzy and Brogan

I can find AndyB on the page where I bought the addon but there don't seem to be anywhere to start a thread and ask
a question.
I know I'm a pain but I really am struggling with this. If I could ask AndyB the developer I would

@Chris D - asking you because I know @Brogan is PCMasterRace.

I'm trying to upload add-on as archive for the first time but I got "File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected." because I zipped the entire add-on because when I download add-ons, they're not zip files. On Mac, I have never downloaded an add-on that arrived as a zip. They all come as folders for me. Is this a Mac thing? If not, where is everyone getting an add-ons zip file? Should I zip the upload folder and use that? I couldn't find anyone else asking about this when I searched.

Is it a third party add-on?

Whenever I've seen this it's because the add-on is not XF2 compatible/not packaged correctly.
Yes, DBTech eCommerce. But I've never downloaded an add-on as a zip. And that's something I'm not sure if it is macOS just automatically giving it to me unzipped.

Top Bottom