Help choosing portal add on! XenPorta vs CTA

Dwight

Hey everyone, redoing my forums and wanted your guys' opinions on which portal add on I should go with, and why.

I've used XenPorta before, and I have to admit, it was a neat add on. Annoying to work with here and there, but nothing too bad.

I mainly use the portal for important announcements and news to the community.

Would the transition to CTA by Brogan be a good one or worth it at all? What benefits from CTA can I expect to receive over XenPorta?

Also, out of general curiosity, are the two "compatible?" Like would they work together, enabled and running at the same time, with no conflictions or issues?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I've used XenPorta in the past, poor support led to us ditching it and now using a custom setup (mind you, this was at least 2 years back, maybe things have changed now with XenPorta).

I'm just going to wait now for XF 2.0 and create a custom homepage with widgets. CTA offers a lot more than just a portal by the way, we plan to purchase CTA in the future too.

I've used XenPorta in the past, poor support led to us ditching it and now using a custom setup (mind you, this was at least 2 years back, maybe things have changed now with XenPorta).

I'm just going to wait now for XF 2.0 and create a custom homepage with widgets. CTA offers a lot more than just a portal by the way, we plan to purchase CTA in the future too.
Yeah, XenPorta's support was beyond terrible. I remember reporting bugs and not even getting responses until like 3-5 months later (bugs still weren't fixed upon response). Might have been because the project was free though. Now that it's paid, he might actually give it a lot more attention.

Top Bottom