Hello, thanks for checking out my site

ViciousGnome

I just retired after 21 years as a police officer. Since I have a lot of free time on my hands, and, I happen to be a very opinionated person, I decided to start a blog with forums. Of course I chose xenForo, the BEST forums out there! ;)

I decided to go with a very clean theme, and I chose Modest, by pixelexit. I like it very much, and I'd like to think my forums are crisp and easy to read, but I'd love everyone's opinion. Thanks a lot for taking the time to check them out.

http://imjustacop.com/forums/index.php

Whoa. That logo... Too big. Shrink it a bit, and make the logo transparent. You don't want to look like a newb board owner. I'm sorry to say, sir.

Otherwise, nice skin! :D

I just made it 1024 x 201 in dimension. Smaller, or is that good?
Thing is, the bg/logo is taking up half screens. But it's okay, I guess. I'm not trying to be harsh, bashy or anything. I'm saying that the logo/bg was a bit too big.

BTW, to make an image transparent was to open photoshop with transparent canvas. As is, you've opened Photoshop with a white standard canvas.

Hey, I asked for opinions guys, and I got em! :)

I shrunk the logo a little to 1024 x 201. I would like to try the background color of the header to be white, as Mike suggested, just trying to figure out how to do that. And, I have to go pick up my fiance' from the train station in 10 minutes, so I doubt I'll figure it out by then.

Thank you though, I appreciate the input.

I shrunk the logo a little to 1024 x 201. I would like to try the background color of the header to be white, as Mike suggested, just trying to figure out how to do that. And, I have to go pick up my fiance' from the train station in 10 minutes, so I doubt I'll figure it out by then.

I'm not familiar with Modest... but you can check Style Properties.... I'm not certain if @Russ has that controlled by a XenBase option or if it's controlled by the default style properties area.

Or use this CSS in Extra.css

Code:
#logoBlock {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 white !important;
}

Oh, love the logo, and size. Screams right at ya!

Hey, I asked for opinions guys, and I got em! :)

Thank you though, I appreciate the input.

yeah I like the 201px in height, you changed it before I saw the bigger one :)

Style Props -> Header and Nav -> Header and just change the background color..

Style Properties- Header and Navigation - Admin CP - xF Hosting 2015-02-02 16-58-41.webp

Edit: Or what @Sheldon said :)

First off, great domain :)

Secondly - I would consider dropping the Rules node down in the list, I think it is kind of useless and wasted space where it is currently.

Third - good luck (y)

First off, great domain :)

Secondly - I would consider dropping the Rules node down in the list, I think it is kind of useless and wasted space where it is currently.

Third - good luck (y)
First: Thank you very much. Pixelexit has helped me make it look great! ;)

Second: I will certainly consider it. My thinking was by putting them on the top people would read them. In my last forums, I had them on the bottom. Originally, I had them stickied to each forum, but I didn't like that.

Third: Thank you again sir. (y)

I have a buddy I known since High School. He just recently retired after 27 years from the NYPD in the Housing Authority. Ok, to give him your site URL, I'm sure he'll really dig it.

I retired after 21 years in the army and one of our favorite sayings was, "There's no such thing as just!" :D

Your site looks great to me, good concept, I like the logo/banner etc.

I'm a blogger also - it's a fun and rewarding hobby/job after service life - all the best mate!

Top Bottom