XF 1.4 Hello,some members in my old forum has same emails, how can I convert them to XENFORO?

fingon

I m using a tool to add members to xenforo as new member registration.
Some users using same email address, how can I add them to xenforo?
thanks

If they have the same email address then surely they are the same member with duplicate accounts, so why not just merge them?

How does changing them to invalid email addresses help?

Why isn't it permitted that a couple, say, might share an Email address? They may well share a phone number and street address....

My own frequent flyer account, bank account, etc., use the same Emails as my Mrs. We aren't the same person, though.

Not entirely related, but when I was migrating from VB I started by telling people in advance to flag any accounts they wanted merged. Then I manually fixed all accounts with duplicate email addresses on a SQL dump of the VB user table... some people had 3 or 4 or more so it took quite a while, but meant i could identify their "main" account and keep that associated with their actual email address (most of the additional ones were joke / disposable usernames that had only been used a handful of times). Doing it by hand also meant that any secondary accounts registered to a single gmail address could be changed from user@gmail.com to user+accountname@gmail.com and they'd still get notification & password reset emails etc.

Not entirely related, but when I was migrating from VB I started by telling people in advance to flag any accounts they wanted merged. Then I manually fixed all accounts with duplicate email addresses on a SQL dump of the VB user table... some people had 3 or 4 or more so it took quite a while, but meant i could identify their "main" account and keep that associated with their actual email address (most of the additional ones were joke / disposable usernames that had only been used a handful of times). Doing it by hand also meant that any secondary accounts registered to a single gmail address could be changed from user@gmail.com to user+accountname@gmail.com and they'd still get notification & password reset emails etc.

My progarmmer just add the ID number to Email.
for example, my ID is 100315 and my Email is fingon@fingon.com, then I change email to 100315fingon@fingon.com.
with this no one has same emails

Top Bottom