• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hello, I need help.

I'm quite new to XenForo, but I love it, it's awesome. I suck at setting permissions, so can someone tell me how I can prevent Unregistered and registered users from making a new topic on forum A, but they need to be still able to post on topics?

Thank you :)

Digital Doctor

I'm quite new to XenForo, but I love it, it's awesome. I suck at setting permissions, so can someone tell me how I can prevent Unregistered and registered users from making a new topic on forum A, but they need to be still able to post on topics in Forum A?
in Forum A ? or other than forum A ?

Xenforo doesn't distinguish between Posting a new thread and posting a reply ... I dont think.
Topic starter's rights might help you.

Why do you want this ?

in Forum A ? or other than forum A ?

Xenforo doesn't distinguish between Posting a new thread and posting a reply ... I dont think.
Topic starter's rights might help you.

Why do you want this ?
I mean I have forums:
Forum A
Forum B
Forum C

Forum A is and Official News forum and only staff can start topic there, registered users can post and start everywhere except they cant start topic in Forum A and unregistered cant post anywhere.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Enable this option:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions -> Private node

Now you can specify Allowed permissions for the groups under that node. The Private node option disables all permissions such that you only need to specify Allowed permissions.