Header Height

Staxed

One thing that seems to be missing from the Style Properties is the actual height of the header, do I need to mess with the extra.css to change it's height, or is there another setting somewhere else?

Yeah, that's what I've got at the moment, but doesn't work perfect for my design, as my logo needs to be a few px below vertical center.

(though, since that controls the height of the actual header, it does have a sort of deceptive name :))

I'll probably just take a part of my header image and turn it into a div at the top of the header and it'll solve my problem though.

Thanks for the reply

I'll probably just take a part of my header image and turn it into a div at the top of the header and it'll solve my problem though.

Thanks for the reply

no no you don't have to do that. You just have to increase the margin... hold on I'll find it, unless Brogan makes it back before me. :)

no no you don't have to do that. You just have to increase the margin... hold on I'll find it, unless Brogan makes it back before me. :)

I'll probably have to do it anyway. I'm trying to move the navigation_visitor_tab template to a bar above the header, that's giving me a hard time as well, doesn't seem to want to play nice, lol.

ah ok. And I can't find that margin, even tho I've adjusted it several times. :confused:

no worries, I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. I'm just not as good at css as I am with html, so the sheer amount of css used in Xenforo is daunting :D

now back to trying to get the darn visitor menu above the header :D

Brogan will be able to tell us where it is (and darn it, I'm writing it down!).
Seriously, I have a notebook dedicated just to XenForo, lol. My memory is very bad, so I have to ask questions and write the answers down so as not to look stupid asking them again.

Yeah, that's what I've got at the moment, but doesn't work perfect for my design, as my logo needs to be a few px below vertical center.
The logo is vertically aligned by default.

What you can do though is the following:

Assuming your logo is 100px high, set the Height of Header Logo in Style Properties to 120px.
Then add a padding-top to EXTRA.css: #logo img { padding-top: 5px; }

That will push the logo down slightly.
Adjust the values to suit.

What you can do though is the following:

Assuming your logo is 100px high, set the Height of Header Logo in Style Properties to 120px.
Then add a padding-top to EXTRA.css: #logo img { padding-top: 5px; }

That will push the logo down slightly.
Adjust the values to suit.
ahHA! I could not remember what we did to lower my logo for nuthin'.
I knew you'd remember. :)

Maybe I'm missing something but my Xenforo doesn't have: Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Settings: Height of Header Logo The closest I have is Appearance > Style properties > Header & navigation > and there are no settings for the header height.

Top Bottom