Resource icon

[HDJuegos.net] Xbox Live LeaderBoards 1.0.2b

No permission to download
I have a question, if your site & server goes down, will the leaderboards on my site stop working?

I have a feature request. Can you add a block showing the user his or her avatars via profile? It should be fairly simple to do, just take the gamertag they entered and add the URL example: http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/GAMERTAG/avatar-body.png

My example: http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Xarcell/avatar-body.png
Blank example: http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/avatar/avatar-body.png

From what I can see the script scrapes data from Xbox.com, it's not reliant on his site.

From what I can see the script scrapes data from Xbox.com, it's not reliant on his site.

Exactly, he may be using his server to scrape the data and outputting via feed for the add-on to read and display. I've seen this happen before. The guy discontinued the add-on because it was killing his server. From my experience with a very similar SMF mod.

Exactly, he may be using his server to scrape the data and outputting via feed for the add-on to read and display. I've seen this happen before. The guy discontinued the add-on because it was killing his server. From my experience with a very similar SMF mod.

He's not. I looked at the code and it grabs data via cron from the public gamercard feed (gamercard.xbox.com/gamertag.card).

When the cron tries to run to update the gamertags, it always get this error. Any idea of how to fix this?

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in HDJuegos/XbxLiveLeaderBoards/CronEntry/GamerTag.php at line 78
  2. HDJuegos_XbxLiveLeaderBoards_CronEntry_GamerTag::runGamerTagUpdate() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
  3. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 204
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*********/****/***********/admin.php at line 13

Just installed this and am getting an error when going to view a game individually.

Here is where the leaderboard is located: LINK

Any ideas?

When the cron tries to run to update the gamertags, it always get this error. Any idea of how to fix this?

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in HDJuegos/XbxLiveLeaderBoards/CronEntry/GamerTag.php at line 78
  2. HDJuegos_XbxLiveLeaderBoards_CronEntry_GamerTag::runGamerTagUpdate() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
  3. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 204
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*********/****/***********/admin.php at line 13

Anyone have any idea regarding this issue?

Can we see a link to your site?
I've disabled the add-on now.

But I can confirm that pinging xbox.com from my server results in no responses - not even timeouts, just a black hole.
Pinging another site, say google.com acts as normal.

I can only suspect that xbox.com has flood prevention. Whether this is permenent or timer we shall see...

They do have flood prevention, however they do allow it. Sometimes you get blocked because your site provides content that is illegal, or violates xbox live's developer TOS. For example, if your site has content regarding hacking or modding the Xbox, they will IP block you. That's why I asked to look at your site, to try and determine why you were blocked.

Nope, there's nothing on my site about hacking or modding - in fact our rules specifically forbid such discussions - and the content of our site is brand new, we only opened the new forums several days ago.

How long do you think the block will last for? It's still in effect now.

Nope, there's nothing on my site about hacking or modding - in fact our rules specifically forbid such discussions - and the content of our site is brand new, we only opened the new forums several days ago.

How long do you think the block will last for? It's still in effect now.

Not being able to ping Xbox.com doesn't mean you are banned, it just doesn't respond to pings, maybe your issue is something else.

How differently do you get the data?
And as far as I can tell nothing changed, it just stopped working late Sunday afternoon.

When I ping xbox.com from home, I get timeouts but at least it's something as opposed to no response at all.

How differently do you get the data?
And as far as I can tell nothing changed, it just stopped working late Sunday afternoon.

When I ping xbox.com from home, I get timeouts but at least it's something as opposed to no response at all.

I see. Seems they blocked you then. I've never heard of that happening though, a lot of sites scrape those pages. Maybe MS just started clamping down on this. Anyway, I have access to the XML feeds now but an API key is required so I can't help there.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?
LINK
It happens when I click a game under the leaderboard. For example the link I provided is when I tried to click Need For Speed: Most Wanted on the Leaderboard.

I found this error to be due to the "GamerTag" field of one of your users, not having valid data in it. It appears that it is likely from a conversion from another forum software, which allowed symbols in that field that shouldn't be there. (example: / ' ; )

In my specific case, from migrating from ubb.classic to vBulletin and then to XenForo - somewhere along the way the "GamerTag" field included entries such as "http://" on a handful of users. Examing the code and tracing it down in the database, I found this to be the problem.

Hope it helps!

I found this error to be due to the "GamerTag" field of one of your users, not having valid data in it. It appears that it is likely from a conversion from another forum software, which allowed symbols in that field that shouldn't be there. (example: / ' ; )

In my specific case, from migrating from ubb.classic to vBulletin and then to XenForo - somewhere along the way the "GamerTag" field included entries such as "http://" on a handful of users. Examing the code and tracing it down in the database, I found this to be the problem.

Hope it helps!

THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time, and I had no idea what the issue was. It turns out there people had commas & other erroneous symbols entered in the database. Once I removed those, everything ran perfect!

I have a problem where only 3 pages (only up to 21 players) of members have been added since last year. Now there have been more than 50 new members who have entered their XBL gamertags correctly, but they are NOT added to the Leaderboard. Any ideas who to get everyone included?

Top Bottom