XF 1.2 Having trouble with site description on search engines

I have worked with all the major browsers. My issue is that they seem to be catching the first section we have and using it as a description.

google_zps266d0881.png

This is the FIRST board on our forum and it's description.

google2_zps11213754.png

I have tried using several google analytical tools etc. I am wondering is one of you kind ladies and gentlemen can help assist me where to find a way to change my "meta description to give an accurate depiction of the site. Instead of the description of the first board on our site's description. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have no real control over this.

Search engines do not use the meta description. Most of them look at the content of the page, and find something in that which is relevant to what you have searched for. Using different search terms you will more than likely get different snippets.

There's nothing you can do. It's just the behaviour of the search engine's.

i just do not understand how a colleague who uses vBulletin....is able to make this work through his software...yet i have to sit back an let my google search use the our introduction section...which is the slowest section by far...be our site description. loving this software....right

i just do not understand how a colleague who uses vBulletin....is able to make this work through his software...yet i have to sit back an let my google search use the our introduction section...which is the slowest section by far...be our site description. loving this software....right
What search term did you use. If I use my forum(s) names here is what I see in google:

screenshot.webp screenshot1.webp screenshot2.webp

If I narrow the search terms to something in my forum with the site name it will then target the discussion... which is what I would want it to do - not just my main metadata.

As you can see, my Serving Linux one uses my metadata defined in my ACP
screenshot3.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom