XF 1.2 Having trouble figuring out what color inheritance this uses

sweetfoo

Hello again, support board! I have to say the past few days have been great to see how receptive and helpful the Xenforo community is. Thank you all for helping in the past (Brogan, that's you! :))

In this thread I bring to you a question about how to determine color styles for texts. Attached is the element I would like to change as well as my color palette page. The Recent News Title has a white and black shadow (as highlighted in the bottom right) that I would like to remove. How could I go about doing this?

News Title Shadow.webp

Attachments

• Color Palette.webp
    Color Palette.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
For the screenshot that looks like it is from xenporta.
You can try using this in EXTRA.css:
Code:
.recentNews .subHeading a {
color: red;
}

The actual SP is Building Blocks -> Sub-Heading

It's pulling the shadow from Style Properties -> Building Blocks -> SubHeading, you can edit the color/shadow there(it'll effect all subheadings.

Also you have text-shadow added on the body class, which it's being inherited throughout the style. I'd suggest possibly removing that.

Thanks for the swift response Brogan and Russ. Awesome! I didn't realize all of this was under Building Blocks, my eyes are open to a whole new world of customization.

I tried adding to the EXTRA.css and that didn't seem to work, the text shadowing seemed to still be there as it's default white and black. Where is it that I should look to remove the shadowing?

This is under Miscellaneous in the Sub-Heading SP, does this have anything to do with that?
Code:
/*margin: 3px auto 0;*/
/*background: @secondaryLighter url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;*/

UPDATE: I added
Code:
.recentNews .subHeading a
{
        text-shadow: none;
}

to the EXTRA.css and that worked, but I'm still curious as to where the body class you mentioned is that it is inheriting it's style from.

Top Bottom