XF 1.5 Having problems with admin password

tessey

I am using xenForo 1.5.10. I had an outside issue with my admin@domain.co email so I changed the password to my email. I decided it would be a good idea to change my password on my board also. I use 1Password to store my passwords. So I entered my existing password (which was stored in 1password) and then let 1password create a new password. When I hit enter to reset the password a bunch of errors popped up. Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the errors. So I tried to use the "Forgot your Password" link: https://www.mydomain.com/lost-password. It then says

"Verification:
reCAPTCHA verification is loading. Please refresh the page if it does not load."

I can refresh as many times as I want and the reCAPTCHA doesn't load. Is there any other way to reset the password? I have cpanel access.

I can refresh as many times as I want and the reCAPTCHA doesn't load. Is there any other way to reset the password?

Is a Javascript, cookie, or ad blocker active in your browser? This could be the reason that reCAPTCHA cannot be loaded. Unfortunately, I have no other experience with XenForo 1.x.

Unfortunately Google shutdown old implementations of recaptcha and this affected all XF versions prior to XF 1.5.16.

This is the main issue with running unsupported software unfortunately. We would recommend upgrading as soon as possible.

In the meantime this guide should help you reset the password via the database:

Unfortunately Google shutdown old implementations of recaptcha and this affected all XF versions prior to XF 1.5.16.

This is the main issue with running unsupported software unfortunately. We would recommend upgrading as soon as possible.

In the meantime this guide should help you reset the password via the database:

I had just run across that same information. I will give it a try. Thank You

What kind of jump can I go to from 1.5.16. Does it have to be done incrementally?

Top Bottom