1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having images on each side - possible?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Shamufish, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Shamufish

Shamufish Member

I use the 'stock' theme - no mods, nothing. I'm trying to place:

- a footer image at the bottom, 'locked' to the bottom (I can do that)
    - a column oriented image on each side of the screen, also part of of the footer but extending to the sides

I understand I could use a 'fixed' layout, make the columns part of the footer and be done with it. However, I use a 'fluid' layout. So it needs to be 3 separate images: left column, right column, and bit in the middle that titles.

A picture is worth a thousand words so here it is, attached. Anyone knows how to do that?

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moved from template modifications to styling and customization questions.

3. James

James Well-Known Member

The two columns could have absolute positioning then you can use bottom: 0; then left: 0; right: 0; respectively to push each to the left and right sides of the screen.

4. Shamufish

Shamufish Member

Ah cool, but where do I put the code referencing the two pictures? I mean which section of the style properties/template?

5. James

James Well-Known Member

You'd have to create them columns yourself, probably in the PAGE_CONTAINER template. Then you'd just reference them in the EXTRA.css file.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member