Have You Ever Wanted To Send Yourself a Personal Conversation?

DRE

How come we can't message ourselves in Xenforo? What's the harm in that? I used to do this in vBulletin because I preferred taking Notes here. Not really important notes but random notes about the site or whatever. I now do it in my mod forum. I basically have to create an alias account and message myself if I want to take notes this way.

Nope, surely it's better to do this in a private node and then you have the option of moving them to somewhere public if you need to.

How come we can't message ourselves in Xenforo? What's the harm in that? I used to do this in vBulletin because I preferred taking Notes here. Not really important notes but random notes about the site or whatever. I now do it in my mod forum. I basically have to create an alias account and message myself if I want to take notes this way.
I do the same.
Without the draft function that's the only option to save future threads,posts.

Yup, I used to do it in vB, all the time as reminders for things on the forum.

Reactions: DRE
I personally use staff areas for notes/ snippets of code for that type of thing.

Probably not ideal, or practical but couldn't you use Chris Deeming's - Notifications set it for it to display for conversation_list, conversation_view area or both areas with the permission to be viewed by yourself only?

I haven't checked it out whether you can do both or all with regards to locations but i know you can pick locations to show notifications so in theory you can have a bunch of notifications showing in the bottom left, bottom right, top left & top right though again whether that is practical to do is another story. Another option could be using the Bookmarks Add-on though personally I prefer to have a dedicated admin/staff area to make such notes that are deemed as important or something I want to go back to. If I think they are priority over other notes I'll bookmark that note I posted in the admin area and set the bookmark to private.

Last edited:
Nope, surely it's better to do this in a private node and then you have the option of moving them to somewhere public if you need to.
Exactly what I do
48861_secret_section.PNG

I always used to send myself PM's on vB, and I still do on other forums...

It's a good way to keep notes, and test PM's etc ;)

Reactions: DRE
The only time I ever sent a PM to myself was to test to see if the PM system was working. That's all.

Like @Azhria Lilu I didn't want to make another account, just to log in and log out to test this 1 feature.

As for notes..... That is what "Pandora's Box" is for (that's the name of my staff only forum).

I have a single test account on my main site, which is what I used to make sure all the permissions etc we working OK. I know you can test permissions via the ACP, but say for example, the username change feature in User Essentials, you can't test that via spoofed permissions.

I have an add-on that works like a notepad :P
But notes that I need reminder's about are placed in my staff section, so they can poke me about it :)

Top Bottom