• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Have You Ever Wanted To Send Yourself a Personal Conversation?

DRE

How come we can't message ourselves in Xenforo? What's the harm in that? I used to do this in vBulletin because I preferred taking Notes here. Not really important notes but random notes about the site or whatever. I now do it in my mod forum. I basically have to create an alias account and message myself if I want to take notes this way.

whynot

How come we can't message ourselves in Xenforo? What's the harm in that? I used to do this in vBulletin because I preferred taking Notes here. Not really important notes but random notes about the site or whatever. I now do it in my mod forum. I basically have to create an alias account and message myself if I want to take notes this way.
I do the same.
Without the draft function that's the only option to save future threads,posts.

Shelley

I personally use staff areas for notes/ snippets of code for that type of thing.

Probably not ideal, or practical but couldn't you use Chris Deeming's - Notifications set it for it to display for conversation_list, conversation_view area or both areas with the permission to be viewed by yourself only?

I haven't checked it out whether you can do both or all with regards to locations but i know you can pick locations to show notifications so in theory you can have a bunch of notifications showing in the bottom left, bottom right, top left & top right though again whether that is practical to do is another story. Another option could be using the Bookmarks Add-on though personally I prefer to have a dedicated admin/staff area to make such notes that are deemed as important or something I want to go back to. If I think they are priority over other notes I'll bookmark that note I posted in the admin area and set the bookmark to private.

Last edited:

Adam Howard

The only time I ever sent a PM to myself was to test to see if the PM system was working. That's all.

Like @Azhria Lilu I didn't want to make another account, just to log in and log out to test this 1 feature.

As for notes..... That is what "Pandora's Box" is for (that's the name of my staff only forum).

MattW

I have a single test account on my main site, which is what I used to make sure all the permissions etc we working OK. I know you can test permissions via the ACP, but say for example, the username change feature in User Essentials, you can't test that via spoofed permissions.

0xym0r0n

I have an add-on that works like a notepad :p
But notes that I need reminder's about are placed in my staff section, so they can poke me about it :)