Have very little knowledge of installing the software

KingKong

hi,

im running a small community now under the VB... software .

Im ready to update to a new modern Forum Software and being a member at other Forums who use this software i am very impressed at the layout.

So im ready to buy but i dont have any clue as to what to do after i buy it as the license starts and i would like to get the very most of my money.

Do i have to take my forum that is running now off site first before doing anything with this Forum software ? If i choose (which i proberbly more likely will) to buy your Install service does that mean it will be fully installed and in running order or will i have to do any work as well...

Im just very concerned that my Forum will be offline for a great while and my members will get somewhat anxious about it.

Im very unfimilar with the process so please be patient with me .

Thanx

Installing XF is fairly straightforward and there are various guides available, as well as support.
Should you wish, you can purchase the installation service and we would do it for you.

If you want to import your existing content from VB, that is an additional process.

There is a built in importer and again, it is fairly straightforward.
There would be some downtime while the forum is imported, depending on the size of it.

We don't offer an import service but there would be community help available or you could contract a third party to do it for you.

Hi Brogan,

thanks for your response.

You mention the words fairly straightforward. Is that on a noob rating or since im a noob i would need someone to help out with the importing. As for the installing i have the notion to hire you guys to do it for me.

What would you need in order to install it to the server which is hosted by godaddy...

Im really worried about getting half way through the process and not able to be helped or finding a solution which would mean even more down time which would be bad for the members AND me .

Thanks again for the fast and competent response !

Im really worried about getting half way through the process and not able to be helped or finding a solution which would mean even more down time which would be bad for the members AND me .
Installing XF and doing a first test import wouldn't affect your existing forum at all.

So you can afford to make mistakes while you're learning and your forum can continue to run uninterrupted.

Once you're comfortable with the process and have ironed out any issues, you can do the final import, which would just mean closing the forum for the duration, then opening it again.

Hi Nudaii,

its not a very big forum in that sense and its not the actual size im worried about when i say offline.. im more concerned about not knowing the process to get it back up or at least to solving problems that might occur.

@Brogan , thank you for letting me know this , so basically what you are saying is that i can run a test forum along side my now real forum and after all problems are solved that might arise to switch over to it ... sounds very good to me...

Does the XF offer any type of support for an online shopping cart that would want to intergrate down the road sometime?

Sorry for the continuos questions....

Thanx

so basically what you are saying is that i can run a test forum along side my now real forum and after all problems are solved that might arise to switch over to it
Exactly that.

Does the XF offer any type of support for an online shopping cart that would want to intergrate down the road sometime?
There's nothing built in but there are various third party add-ons which may suit your needs.
You can try searching here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/new-applications.1/

its not a very big forum in that sense and its not the actual size im worried about when i say offline.. im more concerned about not knowing the process to get it back up or at least to solving problems that might occur.
You can always contract a third party to do it. There are quite a few that do it, see the third party services & offers forum.
https://xenforo.com/community/forums/third-party-services-offers.42/

It could cost you a little but it's worth the peace of mind if you don't feel confident doing it yourself.

Top Bottom