- It looks like the vBulletin product is in serious trouble, and I'm thinking of jumping ship in favor of this product. I was hoping that you'd be able to give me your thoughts as to the pros and cons of the jump, as well as some insight into what's happening with the apparent decline of the vBulletin product.
I have also heard mixed things about the xenForo product, and was hoping too that you might address some of them.
Any insight you could provide would be most appreciated.
- I'm actually interested in XF in terms of:
- Featureset vs. vB4.1.x. What does XF do that vB4 did not, and, to the best of your recollection, vice versa. (Note that even though I have the CMS component of vB4, I've never used it.)
- Ability to support large fora (mine is 33GB or so at this point)
- Ability to support 1000+ concurrent users (depending on server capabilities of course)
- Customizeability / add-ons (such as what is offered via vbulletin.org)
- Import functionality from vB4 to XF.
- Richness of settings and options in XF as compared to the AdminCP in vB4.
- Timeliness and satisfaction overall with tech support
- Forward growth path? How stable is this company, and how well funded? How likely is it to be in business a decade form now? (I know that's kind-of an impossible question, but I have to ask it.)
- Mobile device compatibility and functionality. How are mobile devices supported by this product? Is there an app that iOS and Android users would have to download? What is it called? Is there an addition for the XF software that must be purchased? What is the cost if so?
- Are there other forum software products that, in your personal opinion, have roughly the equivalent featureset to XF and vB? What are they?