Have most forums lost traffic from Google in Aug/Sep/Oct 2018?

If it has effect on google ranking, yes. Nobody knows all the factors google uses and they adjust this multiple times a year. So could be.

OK I get that, but what I'm saying is I can't see any difference between how Google would rank xf1 vs xf2.

What is the difference in xf2 that would have any effect on Google?

OK I get that, but what I'm saying is I can't see any difference between how Google would rank xf1 vs xf2.

What is the difference in xf2 that would have any effect on Google?

Code for one. Check a XF1 and XF2 forum with w3c validator https://validator.w3.org/

And url structure and placement, this could have an effect how google crawls and ranks url's.

My site thankfully didn't drop in the last months, and it is a 1.5. We will see. I use Cloudflare which did NOT speed up page delivery, but increased it by 200-300ms. So xf1. 5 or speed cannot be the main reasons.

Ok, good to know.

Could also be related to 'health' sites for some. In combination with a lot of sites transfering to mobile first index.

Also in my case i also saw an increase in visits to a pdf from the US and an overall drop in total traffic around the same time., I blocked those yesterday and saw a 30% drop.

I actually had my traffic seeing a big spike since August 2018 - the increase continued in Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec, and hit growth numbers I haven't seen in 10 years, so maybe my site landed on the positive end of those updates? Who knows with google.

Another big drop in Google traffic to UGC sites this month - anyone else see the same?

Top Bottom