Have logo on xenforo.com point to forums, not home page

Sim

I know it's one of those things you either love or hate, but I'm so used to clicking on the header logo in a forum to be taken back to the forum home page, that I get constantly annoyed on xenforo.com when I end up back at the (useless to existing customers) website home page.

I understand the arguments for and against this model (eg: breaks the net "standard" of logo linking to home page), but I thought I'd at least put it out there.

A compromise suggestion: on non-forum pages, have the logo link to the main website home page, but on forum pages, have it link to the forum home page. I realise that introduces inconsistency in navigation, but it's nice to have a quick "reset" function to take you back to the forum home page without needing to think about the need to click "Forums" vs "Home".

I would normally support you on this one as it can be initially frustrating but because XenForo is a business site it actually make sense to have the logo point to the home page.

I would normally support you on this one as it can be initially frustrating but because XenForo is a business site it actually make sense to have the logo point to the home page.

Good point.

I guess, the only suggestion I could further make would be to have logged in forum users go to the forum home rather than the website home, since we arguably don't need to go to the home page once we're engaged with the forum and are either a customer already, or seriously considering becoming one.

Good point.

I guess, the only suggestion I could further make would be to have logged in forum users go to the forum home rather than the website home, since we arguably don't need to go to the home page once we're engaged with the forum and are either a customer already, or seriously considering becoming one.

Sounds like a compromise :D
+1

The clickable area for the 'Forums' tab is only slightly smaller than the clickable area for the logo... I don't see a compelling case to change the behaviour.

The clickable area for the 'Forums' tab is only slightly smaller than the clickable area for the logo... I don't see a compelling case to change the behaviour.

True.

I do think it's a little more about thought process than clickable area though. After many years of using/running forums (coming up to the 9th anniversary of launching my first vB site later this month!), it's become an almost subconscious (muscle-memory?) act to click on the logo to go "home". To force myself to consciously think about clicking on "Forums" and not "Home" (which I always do and it annoys me), does take a concerted effort.

It's not a critical thing - just one of those little annoyances.

Top Bottom