1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have link color different than primaryMedium

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by cmeinck, Oct 6, 2010.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

I'm working my way through the color palette. Primary medium plays a big role in that it affects the background of the navigation. Since my site has a dark grey background, my links are not readable within the content of the site since they are pulling from primaryMedium.

Is there a way to have them pull link color from elsewhere? For example, primaryLight?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think you want this:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> xenforo.css

Near the top you can see @primaryMedium for the links. Change it to @primaryLight:

/* counteract the word-wrap setting in 'body' */
    pre, textarea
        word-wrap: normal;
        color: @primaryMedium;
        text-decoration: none;
            text-decoration: underline;
            _text-decoration: underline;
  3. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

Thanks! Appreciate it!
  4. Jake Bunce

I wasn't able to find that in the style properties which might be because of this:

Or maybe I just missed it. But you can always edit the css templates directly.
  5. Gigashadow

Gigashadow Member

Is there a way to add a new color to the palette, so that I can then reference it in xenforo.css? So far I have been unable to find the "add new color to palette" button.
  6. Jake Bunce

You have to enable debug mode to access that. You can enable debug mode by adding this to the library/config.php file:

$config['debug'] = 1;
    Then you will see an option on the Color Palette page to add a new property. You can edit the existing properties for reference. Be mindful of which style you are editing, because debug mode lets you edit the master style.