1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 editor link color different than message link color

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by dethfire, Nov 7, 2014.

1. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

When I create a link in the rich text editor it's a different color than when it gets posted and is view in the thread. I can't seem to find the style option to change that editor link color so it's the same as when posted. Thanks!
  2. dethfire

hmmm the styling for rich text editor doesn't have an option for links. Maybe I can solve by putting something in extra.css?
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Here you go:

.ugc a:link, .ugc a:visited {
      color: #cccccc !important;
    cool hallyu and dethfire like this.
  4. dethfire

hmmm doesn't seem to work, maybe something is overriding it
  5. dethfire

yeah it appears the link property in the General styling menu override it
  6. apcherry

apcherry Member

It may sound daft but out of curiosity which browser are you using? Are you just using the default colours in the editor or are you trying to apply a colour to the link?
    I have just found a bug/"feature" with using the editor in Firefox when you try to apply a colour to a link in the editor.

It seems what is happening on Firefox is that the colour tags are being applied outside of the url tags, if you look at the BB code then Firefox gives this
    [COLOR=#0000ff][url ref=...]Link Text[/url][/COLOR]
    Yet on Safari or Chrome etc the color tags are inside the url tag.
    [url ref=...][COLOR=#0000ff]Link Text[/COLOR][/url]
    So in the Firefox generated message the url tag formatting overrides the colour you have set.
  7. cool hallyu

cool hallyu Member

Thank you! Just what I was looking for :)(y)(y)
  8. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

There is style properties for the link styling, I would choose that over CSS with an !important appended to it.
    Amaury likes this.
  9. dewanita

dewanita Member

how to create a link in thread remains visible even though someone replaced it with the same color as the background?