Has xenForo inspired you to start a new forums project?

CTXMedia

It has me.

I've had one in mind for over a year now and xF has inspired me to sell my vB license, buy the domain for the new project, and to enjoy "playing" with something new. Everyone likes new toys, right?

Mines going to be a forum for geeks - I'm a self confessed one myself anyway, but fancied chatting with like-minded people and needed something to distract me from the hard work that has been converting my main forums at CycleChat.

I'm holding out for stable xF before putting anything "live" but it's nice to have something different to play with. Especially something that's compulsive to use through its simplicity.

How about you?

I'm in the same boat. My co-admin (Def) and I wanted to "play" with xF and decided to split the costs and time spent on it. So, we started TeeVeeTown.com and we are having a good time with xF and using WP as the 'home' page.

TeeVeeTown is a forum for people who love to watch television shows and share their thoughts about them. We are going to have a 'theme' revolving around the "community" aspect of it and we'll have characters (see my avatar for "The Mayor" of TeeVeeTown ;) ) on the site and features, etc.

Good luck with your new forum! :)

Has xenForo inspired you to start a new forums project?

You bet! I had no interest in starting a new forum before seeing the alpha version.

Yes it has. I have a WP technology blog which was all but abandoned for many months now. XF has just given me the energy to invest time into it to bring up a new tech community with the blog as the article system. :)

Sure, if I had the extra cash and partners to run the joint I would start one today.

Who has servers, money for scripts and time to code ?

Yes. it has got me started on xenfans.com - but also has had me rethink the community behind wetalk network.

Xenforo gives me idea about improving my site that wasn't possible with VB. No, I don't have time to start another forum.
I have one idea that works and I will work on them 16 hours/day. ;)

Definitely. My interest in running forums was gone awhile back as I decided to go back to school. After hearing about XenForo and just lurking around here I am very much motivated to begin another forum.

Reading Kier's interview on TAZ tells me XenForo could very well become the foundation of my future sites as well.

Xenforo gives me idea about improving my site that wasn't possible with VB. No, I don't have time to start another forum.
I have one idea that works and I will work on them 16 hours/day. ;)

LOL Andy, if you work hard enough you can be a success at most anything.

I finally came up with an idea for a forum last night: I was going to broadcast music (using Shoutcast) and use the forum (with modifications that would hopefully be coded) to allow users to vote whether or not they liked the song being played and to offer a request system--basically user-controlled radio. However, I'd have to pay royalties on the music and get a license or something like that (which I don't want to do), so it's back to the drawing board for me... :/ Ah well.

Yes it has. In fact I'm planning to setup three forums. One is already active and in beta phase (see my sig). It's a simple forum for XenForo users who can chat about XenForo, their sites and also show them to others. The other two forum ideas will have to wait a bit until after I get married on the 14th of November :) too busy with planning all kinds of stuff right now.

Yes ...Was waiting for Vb 4.0 once it was out i stepped down from the Project me and some of my friends created but once xenforo was out i did followed it for couples of weeks and jumped for License as this beast software started getting on my nerve .

Top Bottom