Has the vB/IPB killer arrived.........

Well done Kier and Mike. Seriously, congratulations on the new forum project!

We desperately needed something new to enter the forum market arena, that's worth looking at using instead of vBulletin 4 now, and even IPB 3 in my opinion. I hope you turn it into some special as time goes on.

I'm happy to see this come about.

IPB has been well standing for a long time, as vB had been. I think now that people's opinions of vB have dramatically changed, thanks to IB, that XenForo could be a potential vB killer, even though it is in its early stages.
However I don't think it could be an IPB Killer, but instead a strong competitor

I switched my community from 3.8 to IPB, but I miss 3.8, the mod community and the people who left vb.

I suspected this was in the works, but I jumped to IPB anyway. I will switch from IPB.

My members are gonna be annoyed at another switch tho lol.

This WILL be the new standard and I want to say I owned a license from day 1.

Although what your members what is important, I think site security is more important, and as you are a 3.8 user, can you afford more silly mistakes as shown in the latest 3.8 release?

Silly mistake is a nice way of putting it, though I prefer crass incompetence.

no.gif
I'm doing it again.

hello,

nice,nice.....i am so happy,that kier is back! for me is clear, that all my 15 boards are running in the next time with kiers software! I am so happy, that the IB Desaster is to End for me...........:)

sry for my bad english!

Although what your members what is important, I think site security is more important, and as you are a 3.8 user, can you afford more silly mistakes as shown in the latest 3.8 release?

Running IPB 3.1.2 right now, converted from 3.8

Well the thread still stands at vB.org and at this moment has 55 replies and 1,307 views.
The number of positive replies and those openly saying they are going to switch to xenForo must surely be sending some sort of message to a boardroom in California.

Well the thread still stands at vB.org and at this moment has 55 replies and 1,307 views.
The number of positive replies and those openly saying they are going to switch to xenForo must surely be sending some sort of message to a boardroom in California.

I don't think so.
vBullletin is only a very small part of Internet Brands, perhaps they don't even think about vb that often. And that's part of the problem.