1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has the vB/IPB killer arrived.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AdrianH, Jul 29, 2010.

1. AdrianH

AdrianH Active Member

2. Floris

Floris Guest

There are already numerous threads on the Internet, vbcom/vborg/aa/ae/taz/etc :)

3. AdrianH

AdrianH Active Member

How long will they last at vB.com/org ?

4. Eric

Eric Active Member

I'd be surprised if it lasts much longer at vB.com - at vB.org, hmm, I dunno.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

Who cares :) You can discuss it on your own site, other sites, and this site. And soon xenfans.com :D

6. Eric

Eric Active Member

Lol Floris, why am I not surprised you'd grab that ;)

7. Floris

Floris Guest

We have no plans for other xen*.com domain names btw. Most of what we (will) do, will be done through this site directly, most likely.

8. Hemanth

Hemanth Member

My blog post about the release is now in page 1 of Google results for xenforo . :D

9. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

10. GodForum.com

GodForum.com Well-Known Member

The Killer has arrived :D

11. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

It is not easy to kill well established products. We are ages away from UBB. UBB was not similar to vBulletin's current position as a brand name. Surely for active webmasters , they can realize differences between old and new vBulletin versions but many people are not exprienced and they will not easily see the differences between old vB and new vB. vBulletin will always remain within top 3 bbs systems out there even under IB management because of the Big Board number that uses vBulletin.

12. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I much doubt this has a major effect on IPB. It could potentially pull out vb converts from IPB.
    For vbulletin XenForo could grow into a major threat.

glorify likes this.
  13. David McHenry

David McHenry Active Member

Looks pretty nice actually guys. The skin is already light years better than vBulletin's

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Hi David and Kurtz! GOOD to have you here. :D

15. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I agree, not an IPB killer - but a potential vBulletin killer? Maybe.

Dragonfly likes this.
  16. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

more importantly much lighter. xf loads very quickly! its one of the fastest scripts that i dealt with, but then again, speed is a combination of server power + conf + the script itself

17. WhatChaMissin

WhatChaMissin Active Member

I wouldn't say Killer, more like Killer In Training with the potiental to be King of the Mountain.

GodForum.com likes this.
  18. Cam2

Cam2 Member

I would not say killer but a brilliant option for all!

GodForum.com likes this.
  19. GodForum.com

GodForum.com Well-Known Member

I have 5 IPB 3.1 forums ... I prefer xenforo by far ... but I am excited to upgrade to IP.Nexus. :)

20. David McHenry

David McHenry Active Member

We should start linking back here with the anchor text of "vBulletin". Good ole fashioned Google bomb!

Qwest and GodForum.com like this.