Has anything changed since I purchased this software over a year ago?

theBdoom

I'm honestly curious, has anything changed in the year since I bought this program? It looks like nothing has been changed to be honest. Has development just ceased to exist?

Thanks

I'm honestly curious, has anything changed in the year since I bought this program? It looks like nothing has been changed to be honest. Has development just ceased to exist?

Thanks
They're working on XF2.0, which is a huge change?

What does it have that is different from the current version?
It's a complete recode. It went from a poorer code base to a much better one. It's a lot nicer to work with and allows for greater work in development. Quite a lot has changed in that sense.

"Poorer"

It's being modernized.

It's not poor, its pretty good. But ideas and philosophy changes with the times.
XF1 functioned great in the end, but the code was extremely annoying to work with and I don't think the XF team themselves could honestly deny that. XF2 is a lot more fun to work with. Every developer learns more with time. Everything can be improved on. If XF2 is the improvement, its predecessor was poorer, or should be, in almost every aspect.

Well for one, user profiles are missing followers. The UI is also a bit more complicated to use as well, because the buttons for About, Profile Comments, are all the same blue color.
http://i.imgur.com/di8Uhec.png

It also is missing some features IPB has where if you post a Image (like the one I just posted), IPB would automatically embed it, same with youtube videos. These small features are pretty huge in communities like the one I maintain.

It also is missing some features IPB has where if you post a Image (like the one I just posted), IPB would automatically embed it, same with youtube videos. These small features are pretty huge in communities like the one I maintain.
We have the same feature but we don't support Imgur by default. YouTube we do though.

We have the same feature but we don't support Imgur by default. YouTube we do though.
Will this be released in a future version? I feel like it should be fairly simple to add, however, I don't see why it isn't already an implemented feature. Perhaps even allow us to add custom domains for the system to auto-embed from. Some sort of template feature.

Top Bottom