Has anyone gone against recomendations?

Horribly I think we are going to just march on in there and go live, we're still debating whether to migrate the existing db or start afresh and clean out the rubbish.

I will convert one of my smallest vBulletin sites (2500 posts) to the XenForo beta version after testing for a few days. So far it looks good.

I'm going to go live with my new site, but then again this first one is going to be restricted to about 25 friends and acquaintances. I see it as a good opportunity to learn since I've never administered a forum before.

I have no problems in going live with the beta release of xenforo for my domain. I just haven't got around to doing it yet. I always make a point in making changes on a live board which can extend to styling, upgrading whilst my members are browsing my forums. :p

Nothing will change here, I am quite confident& have faith that the beta of xenforo will be moved to my live site shortly and styling commencing.

It's quite exciting considering for the past 2 years my site has stagnated and I haven't felt like a forum owner. It's reminisce to the days where I started getting into forum products back in the day using phpbb.

I'd go live if it was a fresh forum with zero members, otherwise I wouldn't until into the RC stages.
I have a lot of faith in the software, but features can change.

Top Bottom