Has anyone been to court before :(

I got that information from http://www.justice.gov.uk/help/fraud mate.

Lol...I dunno...maybe they just have bad writers, or the legal writing does not translate well across the Atlantic. Anyway, if you found that as a source to check and it is legit, then why not call and ask if there is a matter pending on that date? That would help sort out whether you have a pure scam going on or a well played scam going on. If the latter, seems to me you have little to no liability.

Either way, I hope it goes well for you!

Looks like a scam to me lol. If you are really worried you should seek a lawyer though, many will do a first consult for free. Besides if it is fake it'll take him less than a minute to figure it out and tell you lol.

Put simply, have you had a letter through the mail from the courts which has been sealed (offically court stamped)?

Let me get you what one looks like.

Ok these should give you an idea of what the letters from a UK court would look like.

The court that the hearing is being dealt at will be top right, which will also contain the claim reference number and the date.

Under this it will be sealed (stamped) by said court.

It will then have all the parties listed. And underneith that it will contain all the information you require.

The footer will contain the form number, and who produced it and information for contact to the court.

court letters.webp

Did you transfer your customers website and domain to them?

Never do anything like that until you receive stamped documents from the Courts or complainant.

Thank you all guys I tell you I know how Kier, Mike and Ashley feel now big time, trust me I couldn't sleep when I got them tickets.

The IP of the ticket submitter is 92.29.131.64 if any host wants to ban it to stop stuff like this happening to them.

if you feel it is at all "real" then make an apointment to see a solicitor early next week, if it is real you want to do this sooner rather than later anyway

otherwise contact the police....., send a single email to the scammer telling them you have done so, and that you will take no further action or enter into any further corespondence with them until you recieve an official notice to attend court, correctly notorised and stamped and delivered by mail or by hand as required under UK law...

if you feel it is at all "real" then make an apointment to see a solicitor early next week, if it is real you want to do this sooner rather than later anyway

otherwise contact the police....., send a single email to the scammer telling them you have done so, and that you will take no further action or enter into any further corespondence with them until you recieve an official notice to attend court, correctly notorised and stamped and delivered by mail or by hand as required under UK law...
Yeh i'm going to wait for a letter.

As Mark B has said above (and again i'm no legal expert, just 2 divorces and some brushes with "the Sun" lawyers a few years ago!), You have to be served, by post, at your business or home address.

I used to have people threatening to take me to court/sue me etc on a weekly occurance (web site with 35k users, some who seemed to think that they can use the law as a big stick to beat people with). Ignore it unless you get a physical letter through the door either at your home of business address was what i was told. AFAIK there's no such think in UK law that allows you to use email, since E-mail is NOT an "official document" that is recognised under legal proceedings.

Paul

As Mark B has said above (and again i'm no legal expert, just 2 divorces and some brushes with "the Sun" lawyers a few years ago!), You have to be served, by post, at your business or home address.

I used to have people threatening to take me to court/sue me etc on a weekly occurance (web site with 35k users, some who seemed to think that they can use the law as a big stick to beat people with). Ignore it unless you get a physical letter through the door either at your home of business address was what i was told. AFAIK there's no such think in UK law that allows you to use email, since E-mail is NOT an "official document" that is recognised under legal proceedings.

Paul
Thank you for clearing that up for me too mate :)

I don't want to sound mean but you are the sucker for transferring the domain to them and doing as they say without any hard proof or making verification calls. Have you never received spam before? Honestly, you just learned a valuable lesson: The internet is not always right...

I don't want to sound mean but you are the sucker for transferring the domain to them and doing as they say without any hard proof or making verification calls. Have you never received spam before? Honestly, you just learned a valuable lesson: The internet is not always right...
Nope never had anything like this before but It looked real to me.

Having actually been to court..... This whole claim sounds like total bullsh*t.

I would personally keep the e-mails on file, but no longer reply. This sounds like a scam or even a possible setup. Further communication would only further their resolve either way.

Top Bottom