XF 1.4 Hard deleted post is still there, and I don't have permission to view

Joe Link

I just deleted an old thread full of broken image links, but it doesn't appear that it was fully deleted. If I go to the old URL I get " Error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.", rather than the page that says it doesn't exist. I'm an admin with full privileges, confirmed by analyzing my permissions. What could cause this, and how should I start trying to resolve it?

Unrelated but on the topic of permissions, how do you reset custom user permissions? A long time ago I set a few for our moderators, but I'd now like only the user groups to apply.

FYI, hard deleted posts are removed from the database so it sounds as if it is just soft deleted.

That's what I thought. I very rarely soft-delete anything, and I know for certain that I chose to hard-delete this. It seems like there is some sort of desynchronization somewhere.

Any clues as to where I should start looking?

This happened to me today too. I had a spammer come in today and i clicked on clean spam on his profile. It hard-deleted all of his posts but on the main forum i still see his spam thread on the latest thread. When i click on it it says " Error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action"

If i go into the node, the thread isnt there.

Do either of you have @Jon W's Social Groups add-on installed?

There appears to be a bug in it in which content deleted with the Spam link still appears on the forum list even though it's actually deleted. Rebuilding forum information is currently the way to fix it until a permanent fix is released.

Maybe we could exchange a picture of the add-ones we have installed by pm. See if we have any the same?

I've often deleted spam this way but it's never happened before. But i recently changed the spam from soft-delete to hard-delete. So ive only hard deleted things 4 times but it's the first time it's happend

Sorry to bump this but the same question applies - when hard deleting something (I'm an Administrator) it still shows on the forum_list but when you click it you will see an error, as obviously it has been deleted.

The only way I have found to fix this is to run "Rebuild Forum Information" is there another way to solve this as it happened in 1.4.5 and now 1.4.6 (but was fine in 1.4.4).

We have seen some add-ons that have broken this functionality. You may need to disable all add-ons and individually activate them to identify the specific cause.

Top Bottom