MG 2.0 Hard delete own media items

Mr Lucky

It looks like members can only soft delete their own media items. Is this correct?

If so, is there a quick way for admin to find all soft deleted media in order to hard delete it?

Or is there saome way to change the user delete to a hard delete?

Thanks

(Soft) delete for members in XenForo Media Gallery 2.x appears to be the default setting. I think it might be the same in 1.x but I'm not sure.

The "Hard delete any media items" permission is listed under the XFMG: Media moderator permissions section of group permissions. You can give that permission to (some) members if you with to.

I don't think there's an easy way to search for all soft-deleted media (or threads/posts/profile posts come to that). This would be a useful addition at some stage.

You can use the batch media tools in the control panel to identify soft deleted media (and albums) and hard delete them that way.

You can use the batch media tools in the control panel to identify soft deleted media (and albums) and hard delete them that way.
Nice! I hadn't spotted this being added to XFMG 2.0. Incidentally it doesn't come up when searching the ACP - searching for "batch update" only shows batch update threads and batch update users. Maybe this can be searched for in future updates?

The "Hard delete any media items" permission is listed under the XFMG: Media moderator permissions section of group permissions. You can give that permission to (some) members if you with to.

Problem is they could then delete anybody elses's. I would prefer for hard delete to be the user's default = they delete something to get more quota back, but still takes space up on the server.

Thanks I'll look into that.

Problem is they could then delete anybody elses's. I would prefer for hard delete to be the user's default = they delete something to get more quota back, but still takes space up on the server.
Fair point. The only hard delete options for anything on XenForo are hard delete any users' media/post/thread/profile post (which is why they are marked as moderator permissions).

Do note that soft deleted media items are not counted towards a user's quota (I've just tested this to double-check), so soft deleting will let them get more space. Of course admin batch updating soft deleted media to hard delete it will free up server space which may be what you want.

Do note that soft deleted media items are not counted towards a user's quota (I've just tested this to double-check), so soft deleting will let them get more space.

Yes, I assumed that was the case, otherwise it would confuse the users as to them it just appears deleted, I don't think they can undelete so to the user they are gone. But I also did some testing to check that, and that's when I found all the soft deleted stuff which I wanted to get rid of. No big deal now I know about the batch hard delete. - I guess it's safer as we can recover a user's image if they made a mistake.

I justbrealised another very useful thing why they shouldn't hard delete - we have a classifieds section and in the event of a dispute over an item description, they might hard delete an image which was evidence of their listing item condition. So all good I'm now happy with the way it is. :)

Top Bottom